Is HeadAmp A reputable Company?
Dec 8, 2009 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

ibis99

100+ Head-Fier
i get no reply from them over the past few days either by email or phone.

Dec 8, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #2 of 60
It is a well respected company on this forum. When I ordered my pico amp/dac I had absolutely no problems. Try one more time, perhaps Justin is backlogged.

Dec 8, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 60
I by no means want to imply that he/they are not reputable. im just a bit ticked that I have not heard from him.

it was probably best not to post this here but being that I've been in sales for many years communication is key.

Dec 8, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #5 of 60
OK, so you've been in sales for many years and you cant pick up a *phone* ? I agree that these guys should have someone answering their emails, but its often surprising to find out the extent to which they are a one-man band : that band cant be building amps when they are pounding a keyboard.

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #6 of 60
They're not building amps when they're answering phone calls either. It's a heck of a lot less disruptive to reply to a few emails at the end of the day than it is to pick up the phone and interrupt your workflow.

OP, HeadAmp is well respected here but timely communication seems to be very hit and miss. I'd assume that Justin is simply doing the best that he can and will get back to you as he has the time.

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #7 of 60
I've seen guys repairing computers while talking to a customer on a headset - admittedly, we arent talking soldering here, and I take your point, but some sort of email bounce with 'I'm snowed under and I'll get back to you when I can' would surely be better than leaving folk in limbo ?

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #8 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, so you've been in sales for many years and you cant pick up a *phone* ? I agree that these guys should have someone answering their emails, but its often surprising to find out the extent to which they are a one-man band : that band cant be building amps when they are pounding a keyboard.

look im not going to turn this into a flame war, but get your facts straight. once a customer PAYS you for a SERVICE than the BEST thing YOU THE OWNER can do IS CONTACT that person after THEY HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO CONTCT YOU VIA PHONE AND EMAIL OVER A THREE DAY PERIOD TO work out the shipping complications and whatnot.

I appreciate Justin and his great products. I also believe deep down that he is a very reputable guy?company?artist if you will. But it is hard to beleive that he is not able to use a phone or email in 72hrs for a one minute correspondence to clarify some minor issues.

Justin if you read this just know that this is not to accuse you of any wrongdoing on your part nor do I beleive that you are avoiding your responsibility. just know that I would appreciate a phone call.

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #10 of 60
Moderator Please Remove This Thread.

I do not wish to jeopardize anyones reputation.

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #11 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've seen guys repairing computers while talking to a customer on a headset - admittedly, we arent talking soldering here, and I take your point, but some sort of email bounce with 'I'm snowed under and I'll get back to you when I can' would surely be better than leaving folk in limbo ?

That's exactly what I was getting at. Email is a lot more doable than a phone conversation if you're swamped.

Dec 9, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #12 of 60
Posting an update to a forum or updating a faq on a website is a lot easier than answering 50 emails all approximately the same. He does the former and it's probably a lot more efficient. For a lot of people that is all they need. For others looking for more the phone is the way to go because your email is buried in the 50 that get a quick look and ignored due to sheer volume. It is what it is.

Dec 9, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #13 of 60
Headamp has great products but from readiing responses and waiting times threads on this forums, they SUCK at customer service etc. Don't think that they are SP because they aren't but after a long wait [as communicated], you actually do get a working product etc.

I find that most science brainy people have no sense of business.

Dec 9, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #14 of 60
Probably because non-brainy people think that one can resume a train of thought immediately after answering an IM/email/phone call. :) One can be interrupt-driven and not make progress or one filters the inputs to get things done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back