Is bowers wilkins p5 all that??
Apr 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

2rooi123

1000+ Head-Fier
I wanna hear from reputable headfiers with experience on these if these are worth it considering build quality,design,comfort,portability, and most importantly sound. need your advice asap so i can decide. thanks

Apr 20, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #2 of 31
A head-fier, Skylab has open a review thread in the headphone subforum, so as Jude too
regular_smile .gif
However you must have some patience to wait for Jude's pat two of the review.

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #4 of 31
Apr 21, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 31
I wasn't impressed when I auditioned them, others seem to like them, but even most of them admit to some idiosyncrasies WRT sound signature. The end. You likely aren't going to get a consensus when it comes to these. Try them out for yourself.

Apr 21, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #6 of 31
Like others have said, there are a few very informative threads already going that should give you what you need. If you're wanting to know if the B&W is all that and a bag of chips.....from what I have read, I'd stay with the chips.
wink.gif
It appears the headphone was designed with inferior sources in mind...which is a shame. Skylab did a very nice write-up on it, and his ear is one you can trust.

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2rooi123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanna hear from reputable headfiers with experience on these if these are worth it considering build quality,design,comfort,portability, and most importantly sound. need your advice asap so i can decide. thanks

unrivaled in the bolded categories.

anyone seen this? Are these graphs reputable?
0,1425,sz=1&i=224960,00.jpg

Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Hi-Fi Headphones - At A Glance - Reviews by PC Magazine

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #10 of 31
Nope, does not seem to be all that!

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorgonmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes i have had them for a month and i love them more and more with ever listen.
its love or hate with these though

What have you compared them to? It seems that they are overpriced for what they offer, have you listened to other $300 headphones for a comparison?

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeMark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What have you compared them to? It seems that they are overpriced for what they offer, have you listened to other $300 headphones for a comparison?

And that right there is why I don't think you should post positive or negative thoughts about ANYTHING unless you have something to compare it with.

Just yesterday my friends were talking about how amazing their friend's Bose headphones sound. Words they used were "crisp" and clear. Now the general consensus on these boards is that the Bose phones are NOT crisp and they are NOT clear.

See what I mean?

Apr 28, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #14 of 31
But there's nothing to compare these too. True portables (NOT dj phones or reference phones) around 300 are few and far between. I've personally heard an ESW9 but didn't find it much better just different, but didn't see it as equally portable. The wood was too attention grabbing if I'm being honest.

When the beyer portables come out there will be a legitimate comparison. Until then, all you need to compare these to is bose and dre, and they win.

Sure you could compare these to at-home phones with 300 dollars of sound quality and 50 cents of plastic, but that doesn't seem right. These are meant for crappy ipod inputs and make them sound better than they have any right to.

Apr 28, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by fella /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But there's nothing to compare these too. True portables (NOT dj phones or reference phones) around 300 are few and far between. I've personally heard an ESW9 but didn't find it much better just different, but didn't see it as equally portable. The wood was too attention grabbing if I'm being honest.

When the beyer portables come out there will be a legitimate comparison. Until then, all you need to compare these to is bose and dre, and they win.

Sure you could compare these to at-home phones with 300 dollars of sound quality and 50 cents of plastic, but that doesn't seem right. These are meant for crappy ipod inputs and make them sound better than they have any right to.

I'm not sure I make out what you're saying here. Is that last paragraph are you qualifying their sound quality or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back