Is bluetooth aptx perfect for 320kbps mp3?
Jan 13, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #61 of 62
Interesting. I'm wondering if the implementation of bluetooth has improved in the past two or three years. I remember not being impressed with it when it was first launched, but now I see no problems at all with it. I recently got a set of bluetooth speakers that claims a 100 foot range. Something there must be different than when I first tried it.

I even have a bluetooth Alexa for the car that allows me to do just about everything in my car that I can do at home. I use that all the time and I never have any problems at all with it. My phone is turned off in my pocket, and it connects and streams music through it with voice commands. I have wifi at home and work, but everywhere else I use bluetooth.

Bluetooth is definitely advancing. V4 & V5 have significantly more theoretical range, though they will start trading off bandwidth at max distances.

I'm not a huge Alexa fan (you want my demographic data to sell to your advertisers, you can pay me for it!), but do use CarPlay to integrate my phone and the car's multi media system. Bluetooth isn't going to be the primary connection network in cars much longer though - a lot of current cars have Wi-Fi as part of the feature set, and it seems that by 2022 or so, Wi-Fi networks in cars will be ubiquitous.

Jan 13, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #62 of 62
Bluetooth going to be in my car for quite a while... I still have around 100,000 more miles to put into it. By then, everyone will be driving flying cars!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back