Is AudioCubes reliable when you buy stuff from them?
Mar 15, 2006 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Jesse40902

100+ Head-Fier
Do they ship their stuff with care? Also hows their return and exchange policy? How much is shipping from Jap to U.S..

I bought the 555, its pretty good...but i want to try different things out. Say the A500 or A900

Also: does close or open headphones gives you more headaches?

Mar 15, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 25
I just bougt a set of Stax 003s from them and they arrived without incident. The shiping was about $5 and took around a week to arrive. I never looked at their return policy but I imagine it's fairly standard.

There isn't really much of a difference in comfort levels between closed and open and the main difference in just the outer casing. It's more down to the individual headphone design as to whether it'll be comfortable.

Mar 15, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 25
I don't know about the return policy either but I have either participated or witnessed over 6 purchases with them and they have all gone off without a hitch.

Mar 15, 2006 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 25
Yeah, they're definitely fine to purchase from. Not sure about return policy, though.

Mar 15, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #5 of 25
No problems at all with Audiocubes here. Ordered my cans on a Sunday and got them on a Friday morning.

Mar 15, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #7 of 25
Audio Cubes are an outstanding etailer. Some of their prices on MD gear is a bit high, but they are reliable and trustworthy.

Mar 16, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #9 of 25
I own the A900's. I'm actually using them right now listening to 'Undertow'. I used them for about 2 hours straight last night with no fatigue. My ears were only slightly warm after taking them off with no discomfort at all. After a while you forget they're even on your noggin, which is a testament to their design/ergonomics (a la the 3-d wing system).

Closed VS Open is more of a personal preference and is usually dependant upon your listening environment (i.e. if sound leakage is something you do not want than opt for closed). People who work in offices or in generally close proximity to others usually prefer closed style headphones.

Personally, I don't get headaches from either style...best of luck!

Mar 16, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #10 of 25
shipping on my a500s were only 7 bucks so 99+7=107 flat shipped. when i recieved them bout 6 days later no duties, no tax, nothing, just my headphones.
icon10.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #11 of 25
Yes they are. My stuff arrived quickly and was marked with a low value so that i didn't have to pay any tax (I didn't even ask them to do this btw).

I don't think you can return things you buy though.

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #13 of 25
I'd have to say that my experience with AudioCubes isn't as pleasant as other people. Ordered the ATH-EC7 in June last year. It came in about 10 days, but the package was crushed. In October the headphones fell apart on me, assuming it's no fault of AudioCubes, and exchanged few emails with the customer service. They reply pretty quickly and were very helpful. Sent back my EC7 and they sent me a new pair. This time the package was in perfect condition. Then in January, the headphone started falling apart again, this time I asked for a different pair of headphones, something more sturdy. I didn't think this was possible because it says in the FAQ that headphones can't be returned or exchanged after I forgot how many days. But the customer service people said I can exchange it for another pair or get my money back minus 15% restocking fee. I chose to replace the EC7 with the ES7. But they took a long time sending me the new ones. I sent numerous emails. and when they finally came, they sent me the white pair when I asked for the black ones. Gotta send them back, exchange more emails, and finally, after about two months, got my black ES7. Oh i might add that the headphone package was crushed again. Pity, because the box looks so nice.
Overall, I really like AudioCubes but unsatisfied with how long it takes them to process and ship their products.

to answer your headphone comfort questions, the ES7 hurts my ears after about 90 minutes. It clams on the upper part of my ears.

Mar 16, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse40902
Alright , I hardly order thigns online ...Im just scared they dont package it nicely and those ups guys are so rough on their packages...I just dont have a broken set....

I have probably gotten 30 to 40 UPS deliveries in the past 3 years and have never received anything damaged. I have never had a damaged shipment from FedEx or USPS Priority either. Sometimes the outer box is slightly crushed, but the contents are always fine. I like UPS the best of the 3 for ground shipment because their tracking is the most reliable. FedEx almost never arrives when scheduled and USPS Priority tracking is non-existant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back