Is anyone working on Rockbox for iBasso DX90?
Jun 19, 2014 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jj69

500+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know if anyone out there is currently working on a Rockbox port for the DX90? 

Perhaps one of our Russian programmer friends who gave us Rockbox for the DX50??? 

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #2 of 11
  Does anyone know if anyone out there is currently working on a Rockbox port for the DX90? 

Perhaps one of our Russian programmer friends who gave us Rockbox for the DX50??? 

i think u must be talking ab @DOC2008 .....

i think the problem he cant port rockbox to dx90 is he do not own the dx90...maybe you want to sponsor him 1? :p

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 11
  i think u must be talking ab @DOC2008 .....

i think the problem he cant port rockbox to dx90 is he do not own the dx90...maybe you want to sponsor him 1? :p

FWIW, I asked DOC2008 some time ago.  He told me he did not actually write the DX50 Rockbox port.  It was written by a Russian programmer, and he apparently does not have a DX90. 

Most of the Rockbox ports seem to originate with programmers on one  of the Russian hifi forums, so hopefully someone there is working on it...

Anyone here speak Russian and frequent those forums? 

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #5 of 11
Originally Posted by jj69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone here speak Russian and frequent those forums? 

Maybe we could start by contacting the guy running the page for DX50 port (https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox/wiki/Home), who apparently speaks english.

Jul 10, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #6 of 11
I think, that if exist Rockbox for DX50, it is not so difficult make it for DX90. FWs are very similar. It is confirmed, that exist 2.0.5 (DX90 FW) port for DX50.

That's what I'm thinking too. The UI part should be exactly the same as DX50 and 90 are identical in this regard. Perhaps a different DAC/Amp circuit topology on DX90 will require a bit of software work. 

I guess DX90 rockbox will eventuate, these DAP's are becoming quite popular. I personally will jump on the bandwagon as soon as it appears.

The rockbox on iRiver iHP series was epic and really transformed the sound and UI feel big time. 

Jul 21, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #7 of 11
Maybe we could start by contacting the guy running the page for DX50 port, who apparently speaks english.

I had already contacted that developer some time ago. Here's what I'd got:

Paulus Germanus wrote 2014-05-03
Hi Ilia
Right off the start I'd like to thank you massively for porting RB to DX50! Amazing, amazing work!
Now. You're prbbly getting a lot of this, but I'm gonna go ahead and ask anyways.
Will your DX50 port of RockBox also work on DX90? And if not do you plan to port it to DX90 as well?
Live long and prosper,
P. Germanus, Poland

Ilia Sergachev avatarIlia Sergachev wrote 2014-05-04
Hi!
I do not own dx90 and do not plan to buy it.
However, I think that its software is very similiar to that of dx50 and one could easily port rockbox to dx90 using my sources fork for dx50.

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #9 of 11
Great.  Thank you.  It appears that headwhacker here on Head-fi is working out.  He made a few posts about his progress in the main DX90 thread this past weekend.  Apparently, he has it working but for the volume control. 

Oh! Indeed. :D

I finally managed to boot Rockbox on DX90. Now just need to figure out how to automatically mount the SD Card. :bigsmile_face:
EDIT:
Storage mounts fixed and I can now play music. Now another problem. Volume control does not seem to be working. :confused_face:

I wasn't aware of that. Thank you for letting me know :)

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #10 of 11
Check the progress here..

http://www.head-fi.org/t/727669/rockbox-is-coming-very-soon-to-ibasso-dx90

Only 1 major item remain to be fixed. That is the prev (<<) button. I can only spend a couple of hours at night on weekdays. So let see if I can fix it by tonight.

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #11 of 11
Check the progress here..

http://www.head-fi.org/t/727669/rockbox-is-coming-very-soon-to-ibasso-dx90

Only 1 major item remain to be fixed. That is the prev (<<) button. I can only spend a couple of hours at night on weekdays. So let see if I can fix it by tonight.

These are some brilliant news Sir! :D The lack of rockbox was the only thing holding me back from purchasing DX90, and you're making it possible! :D
I am really looking forward to it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back