Is Anyone Interested in a Meet for New England in Boston early this Fall?
Jul 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #23 of 67
Newbie question: are college students allowed to attend head-fi meets?

The proposed location is smack in the middle of (or very near to) the following campuses MIT, BU, Northeastern, Harvard, Suffolk, etc. etc.  I'm not a vendor, but if I were one this should be an interesting market :)  I'd say roughly half at least of these students have iDevices, the remainder most likely Android-based.

Jul 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #24 of 67
Head-fi meets are pretty much open to public haha. I think anyone can just walk into a head-fi meet, unless the organizer specifies otherwise. 

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #25 of 67
@thegunner100: thanks for the response. If students are desirable, maybe the meet could be held after semester starts in September.  The Kendall Square area is also a hi-tech area (Microsoft, Google, etc. etc) and bio-tech area. So that's another segment of the hi-fi market.

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #26 of 67
Quote:
@thegunner100: thanks for the response. If students are desirable, maybe the meet could be held after semester starts in September.  The Kendall Square area is also a hi-tech area (Microsoft, Google, etc. etc) and bio-tech area. So that's another segment of the hi-fi market.

I'd probably end up bringing a handful of friends at MIT, and could announce it on some tech mailing lists if there is an active interest in bringing in college students.

Jul 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #27 of 67
Definitely interested! I went to a meet in DC area last year and it was a good time. 

Gear I can bring:

- Shure SE-535 + DHC Symbiote Cable (w/ every kind of tip)
- Hifiman HE-400 (w/ jergpad mod) 
- FiiO: e7, e17, e09k
- Mac + Amarra + tons of 24/96 files

Aug 6, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #30 of 67
very interested. i live a 5 minute walk from this area. 

i'm out of town until end of august. so this would be perfect.

completely new to this stuff as of yesterday morning. just got into it recently when someone recommended i pick up a portable amp.. been looking all over the forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back