Is a LOD for the Sony Walkman X Series necessary?
Jun 17, 2010 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

umlawgrad

New Head-Fier
I use Ultrasone HFI-780 headphones and all sounds great with the HP out.  In fact, to me, it seems the Ultrasones unamped sound better than when I use my SRA71A through the HP out.  My question is what effect a LOD has on the overall sound quality of the Sony X series? 

Thanks,
Chris

Jun 17, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #2 of 4
For me, the LOD gives my RE0 through the Headstage Arrow 12HE amp more clarity, widens the soundstage and gives, by a lack of suitable vocabulary, "more presence" to the music. These improvements are ofcourse marginal but are worth the $30 i payed for the LOD. I can succesfully blind test the LOD when compared to headphone out and always end up liking the LOD's sound more.

The LOD to my hifi rig and car radio show a more obvious improvement that is easily recognised, even by non-audio enthousiasts. For a no-brainer, Fiio is making Sony LOD's as well now which are practically free compared to the ALO one. 

Jun 19, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 4
The Fiio LOD's are 20$ you're better off sticking with the Ebay one (it is twice the LOD), they'll make you a custom length or whatever you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back