Is 120 dollars a good price for the 555's
Mar 14, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #3 of 12
You could of gotten it here at the for sale forum @$85 lastweek
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:07 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse40902
120 with tax at jandr manhattan, thanks

When I was searching for prices I found this site. $94 + $15 shipping. I have never purchased from here, just was browsing one day.

ShipDog.com

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:13 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

is the sale forum trust worthy? how do i get protected?

sorry im a new user..so im clueless

That will depend on who you are dealing with. You would have to research on the person selling the item for their feedback etc., I have done a lot of deals here in the for sale forum and did not have any problem just yet (knock on wood
biggrin.gif
)

Always try and use paypal/credit card, you have some protection that way. In general, people here at head-fi are very nice.

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:39 PM Post #8 of 12
555's don't leak... they pour. I listen to my music loud (not bad loud, but loud) and my roommate cannot watch television at reasonable volumes with me in the room nor listen to his ms-1's at lower volumes.

If your concerns lie anywhere near isolation, I'd suggest against the 555.

Edit: I bought my 555's here on the forums, my concerns were initally quite high as well, but paypal and my credit card both are quite good for killing payments regarding online nonsense.

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #9 of 12
The reason why i wanted the 555 is cause of comfortablity, and does everything well like movies,games, and music.....

is there anything like the 555's but it doesnt leak like crazy or pour like crazy?

Mar 14, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #10 of 12
Audio Technica A500 is a good non-leaking alternative to HD555. You can get ATH phones from audiocubes.com

120 is the lowest price I've seen for a new 555 at a reputable retailer.

Mar 14, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

so the a500 is only better cuz its non leaking right?

since they're both the same price, I assume open cans are better than close cans in sound quality

At this price level, yes. I'm sure there are ultra high end closed cans which are as good as their open brethren. But I would generally pick an open $100 headphone over a closed $100 phone, because they tend to be a little more airy and less reverberant. But some people like the characteristic colorations of closed headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back