iriver spinn
Oct 24, 2008 at 12:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

antiman

Head-Fier
the new iriver spinn 8 gig player sounds interesting to me- has anyone heard it yet? does it sound good? it plays flac files, but can a portable player really do justice to a flac encoded song? and lastly, does it NOT play aac? it seems silly that a $280 8gig player would exclude ANY codec...

Oct 27, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #2 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by antiman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the new iriver spinn 8 gig player sounds interesting to me- has anyone heard it yet? does it sound good? it plays flac files, but can a portable player really do justice to a flac encoded song? and lastly, does it NOT play aac? it seems silly that a $280 8gig player would exclude ANY codec...

I believe the player will support FLAC but not ACC. The 8G is selling for about $230, not expensive.

Oct 28, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by antiman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't find many people owned iriver spinn. If you want information, you can check out some review sites.
iriver SPINN Review
iriver SPINN Review

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 22
SQ is really not up to snuff - too bad. "Could have been a contender"!!!

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SQ is really not up to snuff - too bad. "Could have been a contender"!!!

I guess the reviewers had too much expectation, and I find the sound quality is pretty good. As least, it is as good as the clix2.

Nov 11, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by misterDX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WELL, THIS IS HEAD-FI, WE ARE ULTRA PICKY. AND AS FAR AS CLIX IS CONCERNED IT DIDNT QUITE REACH OUR EXPECTIONS EITHER....

THIS IS A MESSENGE FROM THE GENERAL MASSES OF HEAD-FI.ORG

Well, the spinn is cheap! So what are you expecting for a 200 bucks unit?

Nov 11, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #11 of 22
Yeah, the whole, cutting half the features, capacity, bumping the price and getting rid of the SD slot sucked big. New iRiver CEO can't seem to get anything right.

Nov 11, 2008 at 8:36 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iRiver phone has me more excited than the Spinn if I'm honest.

On the topic of exciting iriver products, IMO the unit2 wins that. The only problem is if it will ever be released...

On the OP, I've never heard a bad sounding iriver. Going from my old clix2 to an ipod classic... wow that was a big leap (down). AFAIK iriver is renowned for its SQ and even though their new direction in some areas may not be great, SQ is probably the one thing that'll stay strong.

Nov 11, 2008 at 9:15 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the X20 was rubbish sounding though.

Agreed , the X20 sucked , i kept it for 2 days. Iriver havent made a great sounding player since clix 2. The E100 was a disappointment, it uses a SOC that cheap chinese pmps use.
Used to be that Iriver used top drawer DACs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back