iriver ifp795 vs. ifp895
Jun 12, 2005 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

necropimp

Headphoneus Supremus
need comparison right away as i plan to get one of these players today... best buy has a sale on irivers but only seems to carry the 8xx models

Jun 12, 2005 at 2:43 PM Post #3 of 10
yeah i checked the specs on irivers website the 895 is a couple mm smaller and 3g lighter... those are the only numbers that changes when i flipped between the 2 pages on their site...

Jun 12, 2005 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 10
i also prefer the look of the 795 but i can sacrifice looks for a cheaper price

Jun 12, 2005 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp
i also prefer the look of the 795 but i can sacrifice looks for a cheaper price

Thats true. It's almost always in my pocket anyways. Let us know how your purchase goes.

Jun 12, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #7 of 10
I used to have a ifp-7xx and it was a quite nice player, except the fact that there was a bug in the firmware which caused the player to sometimes restart when playing mp3-vbr files. It might have been fixed since I sold my ifp, otherwise it can be ‘fixed’ by using the eq. There’s a thread about it somewhere on this board.

Anyway, except the flaw in the firmware it’s a great player!

Jun 12, 2005 at 10:34 PM Post #8 of 10
well i got it... only problem i've run into is for some reason it won't let me add another 45MB of songs when the thing has like 58MB free

and i don't think this vbr mp3 problem you speak of will affect me too much... there are only 2 mp3s on the player, both CBR... everything else is q5 vorbis

Jun 12, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #9 of 10
I've been using VBR with no issues, so latest firmware probably fixed it. My recommendation necropimp: Max out the firmware updates at iriveramerica.com, and then go to iriver.com (the world site) and download the UMS update which allows your player to be used as a removable drive (no more software needed for xfer). The downside is that you can't use the software anymore. Just windows explorer. The only thing the software was good for was setting the FM stations anyways, heh.

Jun 12, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #10 of 10
yeah i already upgraded to the UMS firmware... had it downloaded before i even left the house to get the player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back