iRiver H120 - Sell or Keep?
Aug 28, 2010 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

magliter

New Head-Fier
Haven't had the money to get a proper amp for my iRiver H120 and was wondering what you guys think if I should keep it or sell it

If I should sell it how much is it worth?

Aug 30, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
All those PMPs are more or less in the same leasue SQ-wise. Some are bit better, some are bit worse, but it is all the same anyway, Nothing special. Sure it is better than ipod, so what?

Yeah right...
rolleyes.gif
  H120 it's a good player, mod it and keep it.

Aug 30, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #8 of 13
Keep it. It's a fantastic sounding player. Very powerful headphone output and a great line out. Plus, Rockbox.

It hisses more than most players but when paired with the right earphones it is fantastic. It even does well with full size cans.

Aug 30, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #9 of 13
I use it as a transport to my iBasso D10. Mine is Rockboxed and I replaced the hard drive with a 32gb SDHC using a CF to SDHC adapter. I will upgrade it to SDXC. I like them so much I have 4 of them and 2 for parts.

Aug 31, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #10 of 13
i've decided to keep the player but i do plan on modding it now and hopefully get the ibasso d10 it needs

quick qeustion though

what's the largest HDD I can put in the 120 and will the 2200mah batteries from ebay work on this?

Aug 31, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:
So you really don't have a clue, you just spill out BS?

I have iriver, I had listened to various ipods, imod, and most other modern players. When I say something, I only say it based on my direct experience. It is possible, though, that my understanding of "SQ" differs from somebody's and what is "fantastic" for someone is merely OK for me. I have no problem with that, like I said, I am expressing my own thoughts based on my own experience and I do not expect others to necesserily agree with me. Do you have any problems with that? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back