Iriver H120 Help
Sep 6, 2009 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

magzcampos

Head-Fier
ok bought a iriver off of ebay, yay!, it came with no installation cd and came in so windows explorer can read it. im trying to install the latest firmware so i can install rockbox but i cant find root, only record.Could someone help me out to not put it in harddrive mode.

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #6 of 19
Download the RockBox Installer and it's all pretty much easy as pie. Also, be sure to read the FAQ, as you'll need to educate yourself as to the in's and out's of the firmware. 1 last thing, enjoy!!!!

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #7 of 19
The Rockbox Installer just copies the file ihp_120.hex file and the .rockbox directory to the root directory. You can just drag and drop them. Then your iHP-120 will boot-up every time in Rockbox when you turn it on.

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #8 of 19
Make sure that you have set your PC and iRiver to "Show all Files"/"Show Hidden Files"

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #9 of 19
And the play button is referring to the play button on the side not the nub that you use to play with the rockbox (gave me so much trouble when trying to install rockbox the first time)

Aug 6, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #10 of 19
hello, sorry for bumping an old thread. i tried to post my question in misticriver forum but the admin is yet to activate my account

i bought an iriver h120 off ebay couple months ago with a broken hdd. when i turned it on the screen displayed that there are 0 musics and 0 folders. i navigated to the main folder as well and it was empty, no folders or whatsoever that i can browse. then i directly switched the hdd with 16gb kingston cf card and installed rockbox afterward (rockbox was done after the CF card is installed in iriver), the iriver recognized the cf card as well as the computer (recognized as memory card in the computer). after rockboxing it, the iriver displayed the rockbox with no problem, but when i restart it, the player kept showing the '0 music 0 folder' as in the first condition.

i don't know what exactly is the problem, and this is the first time i'm using iriver player. can someone help me out here? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 7, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #12 of 19
As I understand it you needed to have rockbox installed on the original hard drive first before swopping out.  Not entirely sure what your next step is going to be, but good luck.  If Iriver brought out a 2011 updated version of the 120 I'd be all over it, we can dream right...

Aug 7, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #13 of 19
So is it showing 0 music and 0 folders in Rockbox too? That's not completely clear from the post, OP.

And 2X ^, my iHP140 is my favorite dap, except that the battery's giving out now.

Aug 7, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #14 of 19

Quote:
As I understand it you needed to have rockbox installed on the original hard drive first before swopping out.  Not entirely sure what your next step is going to be, but good luck.  If Iriver brought out a 2011 updated version of the 120 I'd be all over it, we can dream right...

hi davidcotton, thank you for your reply!

yes, i installed rockbox directly on CF card because i thought the original hard drive is already broken. is it really necessary to follow that procedure?

Quote:
So is it showing 0 music and 0 folders in Rockbox too? That's not completely clear from the post, OP.

And 2X ^, my iHP140 is my favorite dap, except that the battery's giving out now.

hi, rroseperry..

no, it works great the first time in rockbox, i can browse files, etc. but when i restart the player then it went back to original firmware that shows 0 folders 0 music. and i can't do anything to return it back to rockbox (or maybe i don't know how to? i only know how to operate rockbox in ipod)

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #15 of 19
I'd try a reinstall. Rockbox should come up when you restart the dap. It does on my player and should override the original firmware.

This may be a dumb question,. but did you reinstall the original firmware before you installed Rockbox? That's an essential step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back