iRiver h10
Jan 20, 2005 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

CybrFrettr

New Head-Fier
Has anyone been able to try the iRiver h10? I'm looking for impressions on it - sound, durability, etc.

I have an Ipod Mini that I am willing to return (I bought the extended price protection warranty on it) and I am quite interested in the h10. I own an iRiver h120 and I love it, so I would not hesitate to get another iRiver player.

Just looking for thoughts from anyone that has listened to one...

Jan 20, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #3 of 13
ive seen mostly unimpressed reviews out there. only a few places have reviews up. try www.engadget.com and www.dapreview.com they might have updated their thoughts/comments. any reason you want the h10 over the micro? or is it mostly the firmiliararity of iriver products?

Jan 20, 2005 at 10:52 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Korean version UMS compliant

What, man? If the ability is already there, why not enable it with all versions? No logical reason not to.

Quote:

Wow. H10 got gapless playback.

Nope, it didn't. He says it is nearly gapless. Others say the same about their players. It don't make it so, still the same ol' annoying gap.

Jan 21, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #7 of 13
i dont get the gapless thing. i cant understand how you can be so picky that a 1/4 second gap between songs (at least on my zen micro) can bug you so much.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 5:20 PM Post #9 of 13
Tried the H10 out a Best Buy today, really impressed!. The strip navigation works excellent (no overshooting) and the sound is great, just like their other players. The unit was light but had a nice feel and the buttons felt spot on.

I will be ordering one of these, Oh, fm had great reception also
wink.gif

Too bad no ogg support, and the screen is small - but clear. The one I looked at was grey (very sharp). The thing I was worried about was the touch strip, and I must say it was much smoother than my micro, and I have big hands and also used my thumb.

This unit seems a little simplified from their other hd units, seems iriver is trying to compete with the mini. Even though the unit seems less "geek" and techie like, it still has a removable battery , drag and drop(works with WMP 10), and fm radio and fm recording, voice recording and a color screen over apple.

I had my doubts, but after seeing it in person I think this will sell pretty good , not ipod good but pretty good. Now if iriver would just work on their customer service, and design some nice looking flash players besides the n10
580smile.gif

Just found out, iriver is using same dac -codec as apple 4g Wolfson 8731 and is using advanced portal player chip PP 5020 D . Copycats!

Jan 21, 2005 at 6:19 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads
Tried the n10 out a Best Buy today, really impressed!. The strip navigation works excellent (no overshooting) and the sound is great, just like their other players. The unit was light but had a nice feel and the buttons felt spot on.

you tried out the n10 or the h10? does the n10 have a touch strip? i'm confused

Jan 21, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #12 of 13
Jan 21, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #13 of 13
I am not ******9 you JMMMMM it is really nice! build quality is awesome ! aluminium and good quality plastic.

All the best buys in my area ( cleveland , akron. canton OH.) have demos out , but no units for sale
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back