IRC Welwyn RN60D metal-glazed %1 resistors
Jul 20, 2002 at 5:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jarthel

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone has experience on this? Handmade Electronics has alot of of values in stock. How does it compare to Vishay-Dale RN60 or Roederstein?

Also what's the difference between metal-glazed and metal film?
Thanks

Jayel

Jul 20, 2002 at 8:29 PM Post #2 of 9
Hey,

It should work fine.

RN series so they are fit for military applications. They are very tough. And they resist temperature variation very well. (D is the temperature variation rating.)

Metal Glaze does not use film. It has layer diposited (?) onto a ceramic or other sturdy materials. That layer is used to offer resistance.

As for performance, I doubt it would offer significantly different performance. Most chip resistors used on one of my amp are glaze, but it sounds as well as others.

Tomo

Jul 21, 2002 at 5:07 AM Post #3 of 9
Thanks Tomo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jayel

ps. I have given up on Michael Percy. I'll probably order with Handmade.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 21, 2002 at 6:04 AM Post #4 of 9
I've ordered with both, and Handmade is no hassle at all, especially now that they're accepting Paypal. Percy, well, what can I say...how 'bout this: if you can't handle the orders, Mike, HIRE SOME HELP!

Jul 21, 2002 at 7:22 AM Post #5 of 9
Hello,

You should be able to order a lot from Mouser. Dale RN60 should be available there too. Note Dale CMF60 aren't so bad either. These are commercial version of RN series. These are known among Japanese audiophiles to sound surprisingly well and it is slightly prefered over Halco. (Rodenstein wasn't tested in the reviews.)

Tomo

Jul 26, 2002 at 4:22 PM Post #9 of 9
Dale RN's are nice. I use them in all my projects now. They're reasonably priced, but they're better regarded than generic metal films.

You can get them from Mouser on-line, quick, with "big company" customer support -- and full-time stock pickers that don't make mutiple mistakes filling resistor orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back