Ipods and album art?
Sep 6, 2009 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Shane D

Headphoneus Supremus
I am comparing software formats. WMP attached album art without you even trying and Zunes imports it automatically.
However with itunes, you have to execute a command. It then says that you need an itunes account. This requires a VISA #. Will itunes charge you for album art? If I just hit a button and art appears, that is cool. If I have to pay or hunt, it is not.

Love to hear feedback from the experienced. I am not interested in programs that will find artwork for you or scanning the artwork myself. I know that Zune does it painlessly. Can ipod be close to that easy? They do rule the world and have a 1000 accessories (not to mention they are set up for all new vehicles!!).

Thanks for any input!!!! Not looking for any custom solutions. Just want to know what itunes does before I feed it a VISA #.

Shane D

Sep 6, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #2 of 19
iTunes uses the Visa as a precaution, just in case you decide to purchase music or videos. You won't be charged unless you decide to buy something. There's no charge for album art. Apple is "evil", but not "THAT" evil.
wink_face.gif

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iTunes uses the Visa as a precaution, just in case you decide to purchase music or videos. You won't be charged unless you decide to buy something. There's no charge for album art. Apple is "evil", but not "THAT" evil.
wink_face.gif

Thank you!!

So I guess ipod is still a possibility. So when you hit "get album artwork", it does so automatically and you're finished?

Shane D

Sep 6, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #5 of 19
wth me it varies. SOmetimes iTunes gets the art, sometimes not. And often I have troubel importing the art from other places. But, I've got the iPod for listening to music, not looking at album art, so it isn't a great concern whether I have art or not

Sep 6, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #6 of 19
If all you're gonna use iTunes for is to get the album arts, create a US account instead ; it does not require any credit card or payment information to have one!

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by urabus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can set iTunes to get album art automatically so you don't even have to hit that button.
bigsmile_face.gif

I guess that would be after you open your account?

Shane D

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wth me it varies. SOmetimes iTunes gets the art, sometimes not. And often I have troubel importing the art from other places. But, I've got the iPod for listening to music, not looking at album art, so it isn't a great concern whether I have art or not

I just like the idea of browsing by album art. For an old guy that uses reading glasses, it just seems easier.

Shane D

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If all you're gonna use iTunes for is to get the album arts, create a US account instead ; it does not require any credit card or payment information to have one!

Thanks for the tip!

Shane D

Sep 6, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #10 of 19
As said, iTunes album art downloader could not be simpler. For the occasions when iTunes downloads the wrong album art, quite often,
rolleyes.gif
, this site, Download Album Art Downloader from SourceForge.net is frickin amazing and very simple to cut and paste into iTunes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 6, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by krismusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As said, iTunes album art downloader could not be simpler. For the occasions when iTunes downloads the wrong album art, quite often,
rolleyes.gif
, this site, Download Album Art Downloader from SourceForge.net is frickin amazing and very simple to cut and paste into iTunes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you. I might take the earlier advice and open a US account and try it.

Shane D

Sep 6, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by krismusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rolleyes.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I can't get that to do batch download with no user intervention. It'll take too long clicking on each thumbnail per album.

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just like the idea of browsing by album art. For an old guy that uses reading glasses, it just seems easier.

Shane D

From one Old Guy to another: that thought never crossed my mind. It's a good point you have. May have to reconsider my thoughts on album art

Sep 7, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't get that to do batch download with no user intervention. It'll take too long clicking on each thumbnail per album.

I only use it if iTunes downloads the wrong artwork, or no artwork.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back