iPod Touch
Sep 16, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #46 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just tested the dock connector and yes it works fine with a standard LOD.
smily_headphones1.gif
Works fine interfaced to my Lisa III as it will with any other amp. I notice no hiss using my Triple-Fi Pros either from the headphone out or through the line out dock.

What if you use the wireless function? There was talk about that with the iPhone causing interference that could damage the amp or headphones unless you keep it turned on airplane mode.

Sep 16, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #47 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by sberger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sucks, don't it. i'm gonna get me one as soon as i can. 16gb plenty big for me. gonna love those commutes as my transit bus has wi fi. woo hoo!!
orphsmile.gif

boo! hiss! I don't know if vancouver transit buses will get wi-fi anytime soon; they have some weird-ass priorities..

anyway, ordered the 8GB touchPod. sold both my Nanos to do so plus a little help from a big paycheque this week. I hope starbucks will have wi-fi access w/o password access.

ooh can't wait!

Sep 16, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #48 of 68
How are people getting the touch already? I preordered from apple.com and they are telling me it will ship sometime around 28 Sept??? I thought they were not available until then.

Sep 16, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #49 of 68
From ifixit.com's disassembly of the IPod Touch.

The top of both boards. You can see the Wolfson chip to the left of the flash. This is interesting because the iPod Classic had a Cirrus audio chip, which has caused some initial concerns about audio quality. The iPod touch should not suffer from these problems. The chip is the same as that in the iPhone, WM8758BG.

Sep 16, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #50 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are people getting the touch already? I preordered from apple.com and they are telling me it will ship sometime around 28 Sept??? I thought they were not available until then.

Evidently some of the larger Apple stores are keeping them behind the counter now. If you call some, maybe you can get one there and cancel your order before it ships.

Sep 16, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #53 of 68
Folks, I have to tell you, I'm very impressed with the sound coming out of the headphone jack as well as through the LOD on the Touch. So far I'm really digging it, and hacks will be arriving shortly allowing access to more IPhone applications
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #55 of 68
Guys,

I REALLY wanna go ahead and buy my first ipod ever. The ipod touch.
But there seem to be problems about the SQ and the screenquality. especially the black and dark colors.

Now I wanna now from you trusted Head.fi-ers whit a touch: what do you think?
How is the SQ? could you please compare it with some other DAP?
And the screen? is it really that bad???

It would really help me alot 'cause I'm very cunfused at the moment!

thx in advance!

greetz

Sep 16, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #57 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Evidently some of the larger Apple stores are keeping them behind the counter now. If you call some, maybe you can get one there and cancel your order before it ships.

I am not really near an Apple Store. Checking my order it seems it is being readied to ship. Has their been any word that they are bumping up the ship date?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back