ipod touch - best remote
Nov 25, 2008 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

eske

New Head-Fier
just got a touch - love it but need some sort of remote to plug my earphones into, for a little extra control .
hearing horror stories about poor quality audio - i have a decent pair of etymotic earbuds so i'd like to avoid that

my question - what are people using as a remotes with the touch / iphone and what would they recommend?

thanks eske

Nov 25, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #2 of 2
personally I looked at the options for remotes and then instead cut the buds off the stock ibuds and soldered on the connectors for my UE 10s. All the remotes looked like they would be too annoying because you end up with a ton of extra cable that you have to deal with. Now that I have the remote right where it should be I can't imagine ever going back. You may find that you aren't bothered by the extra cable in which case hopefully someone can post some useful thoughts about the remotes out there. I only looked at the one by Shure and heard that it is supposed to work reasonably well, but man, why is it so long? I hope someday I can get a proper stock or custom cable with an remote on it but for some reason not that many people seem to share the concern

Users who are viewing this thread

Back