iPod Touch 2G LoD problem.
Nov 12, 2008 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hikira91

New Head-Fier
It seems that the current line out adapter I have boughten for the ipod touch 2nd generation does not work
frown.gif
. I have searched the forums and haven't found a solution to this problem yet. The Line Out adapter was one which was reportingly suppose to work.

Link: IPOD LINE OUT DOCK W/ 3.5MM JACK (WHITE COLOR) - eBay Other, Audio Cables Connectors, A V Accessories Cables, Electronics. (end time 09-Oct-08 12:06:25 AEDST)

But instead of the music going to the line out to the amp it just plays the music on the internal speakers instead.

If anyone has any solutions to this problem please let me know, thanks.

Nov 12, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #2 of 8
The Touch G2 or iPhone need some pins adjustment. The "old" LODs that used for Nano,Video,Classic won't work with Touch.
To tell the truth, it's a big trouble to open the LOD, add the pins (assuming that the builder removed all unnecessary pins) and seal it again.

Nov 13, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Touch G2 or iPhone need some pins adjustment. The "old" LODs that used for Nano,Video,Classic won't work with Touch.
To tell the truth, it's a big trouble to open the LOD, add the pins (assuming that the builder removed all unnecessary pins) and seal it again.

QFT.

Also, most of the "old" LODs were meant for the older iPods which could be charged through a FireWire (IEEE1394) connection, and might not work properly with the Nano G4 (which does not support FireWire at all).

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hikira91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems that the current line out adapter I have boughten for the ipod touch 2nd generation does not work
frown.gif
. I have searched the forums and haven't found a solution to this problem yet. The Line Out adapter was one which was reportingly suppose to work.

Link: IPOD LINE OUT DOCK W/ 3.5MM JACK (WHITE COLOR) - eBay Other, Audio Cables Connectors, A V Accessories Cables, Electronics. (end time 09-Oct-08 12:06:25 AEDST)

But instead of the music going to the line out to the amp it just plays the music on the internal speakers instead.

If anyone has any solutions to this problem please let me know, thanks.

I also got one of those as I had a nice silver mini-mini I wanted to utilise, I did get it working but it would randomly drop out after a few minutes of play and switch back to speaker. I found doing a full shutdown before connecting it got it working but never found why it kept dropping out. I finally dismantling it and played with the pin configuration without any luck and ended up binning it out of frustration.

To be honest when it was working, if there was any SQ difference between LO and the HO, either my ears are too old and worn out to notice or it is infinitesimal at best.

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #5 of 8
Honestly I would be a lot more concerned about the fact that Apple's own codec, apple lossless does not work on the 2G- without skipping. I am still blown away by this oversite.

Nov 13, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #6 of 8
Gah... this sucks lol... I can get the music to go to the line out every once and awhile... but like others it gets cut off after like 30 seconds and reverts back to the speakers.

Is there any cheap fixes or Line Out Adapters that I could buy?

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have to plug the LOD in when the touch is completely off (ie not just sleep) for it to work. I have the same adapter (in black), and it works fine.

I actually ordered two of these adapters and so far both of them have proven not to work even when turning it off, plugging it in and then turning it back on. When it does work it will cut off after 30 seconds and start playing on the speakers instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back