ipod shuffle 4g vs Sandisk Sansa Clip+
Apr 10, 2011 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bdrhn1

New Head-Fier
What is the sound quality is better?
I use Fiio E5 and Creative EP-630 Please help.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 7
Don't use Creative ep630:D
1) They are bad earphones
2) They don't need any amping
3) From budget segment try something from Meelectronics, Playaz Audio, SoundMagic, etc, more money = Re0 (needs amping), Xcape (no amping).
4) 4G has no hiss, very melodical, not lot of details // Clip has more details, more thin sound, little cold and boring, but you can use Rockbox (rockbox.org) and you will have better sq, eq, lot of different options. Plus you have slot for cards, better battery, some screen:)
IMO

Apr 11, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 7
I use both a Shuffle and a Clip Plus Rockboxed.  The sound quality is better on the Clip with Rockbox, but I keep the Shuffle for durability reasons.  The actual clip on the Clip + keeps breaking on me when I use it for running or gym use.  Just something to think about depending on application.  Get some better headphones, buds or IEMs - that will help too.

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #5 of 7
I currently own both of these players.  I do not have rockbox on my clip+ though so I can't comment on that.  But side by side, I like the sound of my shuffle better.  It's a little bigger sounding and definitely has a fuller bass thus making it a more fun experience.  It's actually a pretty powerful little player.  And it has pretty good features for a player with no visible interface. 

This is definitely one of Apple's better efforts in my opinion when it comes to a no frills decent sounding player.  BTW, the clip on it is very good.  Won't snap on you like the Clip.

Oct 23, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 7
Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but I figured there's no need for a new one, and people you'd probably redirect me to this thread.

What are your opinions on this versus? As on this thread, I've read people saying the Shuffle sounds better, others that the Clip + with Rockbox beats it, and there seems to be no consensus.

I want to replace a Zen Stone, whose button for switching albums/shuffle broke and because of that is now always on shuffle, which is very annoying (if anyone knows how to deactivate the shuffle mode for good using software or something my problem you'd be solved). I listen mostly to jazz, but also to funk, soul, some folk or rock (Dylan, Bowie, Radiohead), and I use Meelectronics M9; I like to hear the bass. It's mostly to use at the gym. Sansa has got all the advantages, but I haven't heard it, or the Ipod, for that matter.

I would appreciate very much some input. Thank you. :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back