1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iPod shuffle 3rd generation battery issue

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Artmuzz, Jul 13, 2018.
  1. Artmuzz
    I recently bought a secondhand iPod shuffle 3rd generation from my local CEX. However there is an issue with the battery.

I fully charged the iPod shuffle until the green light came on and took it off the wall charger. I then switched it on with a green light to tell me it’s 100% charged. However, after listening to music for 20 minutes I am greeted to a voice telling me that battery is low. I switched it off and on again and when I do that I get an amber and red light which means battery is low but I then switch it off for about 15 minutes and when I switch it back on the green light displays telling me it’s 100% charged but again after listening to music for 20 minutes I am again greeted to a voice telling me battery is low.

What is going on. Does this mean the battery is dying and I’ll have to get the battery serviced. I have tried restoring and resetting the iPod shuffle but getting the same problem.

2. DONTGIVEUP
    Battery needs replacement.

3. Artmuzz
    So I guess I will have to either get a refund or send to Apple for battery replacement.