iPod problem
Oct 1, 2002 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bhadrara

Head-Fier
I just received my 20 gig iPod Windows ver today . However gettting it to work with Music match has been the main prob .Music match wont just recognize it . However EphPod does but when i try transferring mp3s it gives the message ' invalid destination' . Please help .

Oct 2, 2002 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm pretty sure you need MacDrive in order to use EphPod. Pretty sure. EphPod is definately your best choice for using the iPod in windows, but MacDrive is gonna cost money. Unless, of course, you just "borrow" it from a friend.

Oct 2, 2002 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 4
You don't need MacDrive for EphPod.

Make sure you have Ephpod 2.58 or 2.59 installed. Also make sure you can see the iPod as a drive in My Computer. If you can't, then run MMJB, click on the iPod options in the portable devices window, and enable firewire disk mode.

Then delete the iPod_Control folder on the iPod. It's hidden, so you may have to enable viewing of hidden folders in Tools->Folder Options->View.

Then run Ephpod. Select the right drive, click the button to build the directory structure, wait for it to write "mac files", and then you should be able to use it.

Oct 3, 2002 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Hey Taphil, how ya doing ?

bhadrara, Taphil stepped up to help me when I posted on ipodlounge.com. I'd just like to add it may be necessary to uninstall MMJB and re-install. There are threads with step by step procedures on ipodlounge.com, just search the forums. Apparently a lot of people had trouble getting the WinPod recognized, up & running...

I had a tough time of it and ended up doing a clean install of Win2KPro. Windows detected the Pod so I just installed EphPod. Only used the CD to install the iPod updater for the Update/Restore function. No MMJB installed or necessary. And it works like a champ. Good luck, and if you continue to have problems, post what version OS & firewire card you're using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back