Ipod new software improves bass???
Jun 29, 2005 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

solvexyz

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi, guys. I upgraded to the newest ipod software for my 4gen 20G ipod.

I did notice a stronger bass. LOL. I hope this is not because I magically got a good seal on my shure e4c after the upgrading of the software.

What do you guys think?

Jun 29, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 8
I don't know, i'll tell you in about half an hour
biggrin.gif

What if this is the software the shuffle has..??
I have to say I'm excited to see if it really does improve the sound

Jun 29, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 8
Jun 29, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #5 of 8
WOW thanks for the tip! DLing it now! *drools at the more bass idea*

Jun 29, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #6 of 8
hmm... my 2Gen 10GB iPod have been running version 1.5 for quite a while now, i didn't notice a bass gain when i updated it and still don't. my Shuffle still has an edge to bass response in comparison.

as much as i love my Shuffle, and full bodied bass, i still can't stand the slight hiss/floor noise. and that's been running on version 1.1 for a long time too.

Jun 29, 2005 at 3:41 AM Post #7 of 8
Ok, software updated. Unfortunately, I do not notice a change in bass. I could be wrong, but i doubt it.

Before updating, I plugged my e4c's in unamped and un-eq'd and listened to 2 familiar songs about 5 times in a row each. Now afterward, sound the same. Oh well, maybe next time (along with a custom eq).

I do have podcaster now, though. I guess I'll have to find out what that is.

edit: I do have the ipod photo, so I don't know if that could be different than the regular 4g ipods.

Jun 29, 2005 at 7:52 AM Post #8 of 8
Ya know, somehow I tend to doubt that a firmware upgrade is gonna have anything to do with bass response. If it did, they'd be shouting it from the rooftops, not quietly slipping it in there whilst talking about "podcasting". I usually get all updates, even if I consider whatever improvements somewhat 'fringe' in nature.

I'll probably skip this one as not even being worth the download time. 'Podcasting'? Hell, I have an iPod so I DON'T have to listen to radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back