iPod Nano 7G opinions
Sep 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

Artmuzz

500+ Head-Fier
Personally I am very disappointed with this new design on the Nano 7G. I really liked the small design of the Nano 6G and it was great to wear as a wristwatch/DAP for cycling and walking. I was really hoping that Apple would of done an upgrade based on the Nano 6G design but unfortunately they have reverted back to the bigger designs of the Nano 1G to 5G. 

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #2 of 54
Hey,

Just giving my two cents here but I think it looks good... The look is refreshing although I hope the icon size can be downsized.

If the SQ is good, I might just change my Sansa in the future :D

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #3 of 54
Personally I liked the small watch-looking Nano. I was hoping for a simple capacity bump,...I guess the answer was "NO!". Lol, oh well.

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #4 of 54
I had the Nano 6G and I was hoping for an evolution of that model...waterproof and with GPS.

This new model does nothing for me.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #6 of 54
The new iPod nano looks great and the previouse gen iPod Nano should be replaced with iPod Shuffe (because both are in almost same size), so we may see iPod touch shuffle in near future. The only thing Apple need to do is increase the capicity on all models or add Micro SD card support for users.

Sep 13, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #7 of 54
Both Apple and Sony omit a card slot on their players, and keep the prices of players with more than 16GB very high. $300 for a 32GB player????? Spend $50 total  instead for a 2GB Sandisk Clip+ and a 32GB microSDHC card to put in it.

Sep 14, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #8 of 54
Quote:
Both Apple and Sony omit a card slot on their players, and keep the prices of players with more than 16GB very high. $300 for a 32GB player????? Spend $50 total  instead for a 2GB Sandisk Clip+ and a 32GB microSDHC card to put in it.

deadhorse.gif

Sep 14, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #10 of 54
Ya.  I think the new model looks pretty good, but you just don't see many people watching their movies on a two inch screen anymore.  And I know Apple loves to boast the Nike+ app with the accelerometer.  But already owning the 6th gen ipod, I can tell you that it's VERY inaccurate.  They should have put a GPS in this thing to go along with that nice Nike app.  Also, if they just wanted to get totally crazy, they should have made it their only player with a 10 band customizable EQ.  Those two things for me would make this a very functional and good little value.  I like my 6 gen, it sounds pretty good and the radio is by far the best on any portable player I've ever heard with exception to the hd radio channels.

I don't think Sony or Apple will ever build a player with an expandable memory slot.  Strange.  It's like they think...."Maybe they will buy 3 players to put all their music collection on!"  hahahahaha.  Whatevs!

Sep 14, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #11 of 54
The Sony E465 is interesting, however with just 16GB and no card slot, its capacity is much too small for many people. I'm surprised they didn't come out with a 32GB version of this for under $150. Imo that would probably be a great seller. Sony and Apple seem to draw the line for what I consider reasonably priced players($150 or less) at 16GB. Ideally I would like to see 64GB players under $150, although for many people having a 32GB player under $150(provided that it has decent battery life and a nice enough screen) is enough. Flash memory is so cheap now. There is no reason to skimp on it.

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #12 of 54
The Sony S764 series(S765, S766) are much better sounding, louder than any iPods with 50Hrs battery life, Bluetooth, FM radio and line out WM-Port to use with external AMPs. I think Apple should look itno new dimension ike bigger screen(4.5in to 5.5in), bigger capacity (160GB to 240GB) iPod touch XL or increase screen size on iPod classic and more capacity on Nano.

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #13 of 54
The Sony E465 is interesting, however with just 16GB and no card slot, its capacity is much too small for many people. I'm surprised they didn't come out with a 32GB version of this for under $150. Imo that would probably be a great seller. Sony and Apple seem to draw the line for what I consider reasonably priced players($150 or less) at 16GB. Ideally I would like to see 64GB players under $150, although for many people having a 32GB player under $150(provided that it has decent battery life and a nice enough screen) is enough. Flash memory is so cheap now. There is no reason to skimp on it.

Again,...

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #14 of 54
Quote:

Of course there is....corporate greed! 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #15 of 54
My Virgin Mobile HTC One V Android phone- which with Poweramp makes a very fine music player (and of course does so much else besides)- plus a 32 GB micro SD card cost me a total of $225. In that perspective $150 for a 16 GB iPod Nano is highway robbery. And the inability to add storage rubs salt in the wound. I'm off Apple probably for good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back