iPod Nano 6G or Sansa Clip+ in combination with FiiO e06 and Shure SE215?
May 2, 2013 at 7:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Nayz

New Head-Fier
I'm currently considering to get a FiiO e6 to run with my iPod Nano 6g (L9 as lod).
But as I'm looking around I was wondering if I should sell the Nano and get a Clip+ instead?

So which combination would be better soundwise with the Shure SE215?

I know...first post and first thread a question thread...just don't kill me 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #2 of 2

char0x

New Head-Fier
I have a sansa clip zip 4gig that i bought for $29 on ebay, added a 64gig micro sd for another $40, rockboxed it and pretty much use it as my primary music source now. The runs alot louder than the ipod nano, not sure on sound quality but the clip can play .flac if you rockbox it.
The e6 will add about 15% in volume and give the music a little more body and Oomph, they will work well with the shure se215 since they are only 18ohms and easily driven.
Your other options for portable amps are the Govibe Mini Box $65 and the Firestone Audio Fireye Mini Box.
here is a review of the 3 http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article/mini-amp-review-fiio-e6-fireye-mini-govibe-mini-box
In terms of whether you should sell your ipod nano you gotta weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each. for $80 you are pretty much getting a 68gig mp3 player with alot more features than the ipod nano but the ipod nano 6th edition about half as big as the nano and would mount super well with the e6 and the sound will be better because of the LOD option with ipods.
Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread