iPod Nano 1G Rockboxed -- Wow!
Oct 29, 2008 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SoulSyde

Headphoneus Supremus
I just scored a refurbed 1G 4GB Nano and loaded it up with Rockbox and lossless files.

All I can say is "Wow!" It must be the older Wolfson DAC, but this thing beats my Classic 80GB in the SQ department by miles.

The crossfeed feature is very cool. It makes long-term listening less fatiguing and the EQ features are almost endless. In the words of Ferris Bueller, regarding any Rockboxed portable, "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

This unit pairs great with my Senn PX-100s, but the real test will be the AKG K240's with my future Meier HeadSix.

I guess there was no purpose to this post other than to say I'm psyched.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 7
rockboxx is quite sweet. it transforms players from quite rubbish or almost good to good.

gapless for ones that do not support, format support for proper codecs like aac etc. yeah: enjoy. i actually enjoy the classic stock to the nano 1g even with rockbox but i listen now only to portable phones rather than large phones. perhaps the nano sounds quite good for that genre of phones.

Oct 29, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #3 of 7
Glad you like it!
smily_headphones1.gif

I adore my 1G iPod nano as well. Using the stock Apple firmware though...

Oct 29, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a 2GB 1G Nano Rockboxed and it's my portable unit of choice. Don't use crossfeed as the brief fiddle of the settings I did do degraded the sound.

I first thought that as well because of the channel blending, but I figured out that as a result of the crossfeed you need to push the highs a little bit and it sounds a lot better. That's easily done with the multitude of Rockbox EQ settings.

I haven't experienced any treble or bass roll-off, have you?

Oct 29, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #6 of 7
I'd have my classic rockbox'd in a second, but it doesn't looks like it'll be possible anytime soon or if ever, but in comparison to my 5.5 Gen IPOD with rockbox on it, I'd say rockbox is a must have for anyone with a player that can run it.

Oct 29, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #7 of 7
As I have said elsewhere Rockbox ROCKS!
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back