Ipod Mini Outputs, do they clip??
Jun 11, 2005 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Regal1975

New Head-Fier
I guess the title says it all.. Im Running headphones which are barely loud at max volume from the ipod mini (using mdr7506). Im wondering if the outputs on the mini are clipping at this volume or not. Im in Iraq right now, so its a little tough to get ahold of an o-scope :p

Thanks

Jun 12, 2005 at 12:02 AM Post #3 of 6
Both generations should power the mdr7506s fine. Especailly if it's a U.S. version. Could it be an European model?

You could always boost the volume in either case you can increase it with iPodVolumeBooster (Mac) or EuPod (Windows).

Jun 12, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #4 of 6
yep, totally agree. I have a pair of 7506's that sometimes I use with the Mini. EUPOD and MP3 gain solves all my headphone driving issues and does it relatively quick

Keep your head down and come back safe!

Jun 18, 2005 at 4:15 PM Post #5 of 6
This is for the current ipod mini, i absolutely love it, but honestly, Im half deaf so that may be a part of the issue. The 7506s on some tracks recorded at a lower volume barely get loud.. on some it will get to a good level, but im thinking that at those levels on the mini, it is likely putting out a clipped signal. I have already taken a small step towards preventing any potential noise by buying a "mint" amp form a fellow forum member here, so im sure that will help.

im going to try and download eupod and see if i can get it running. Thanks much for the help guys!
icon10.gif

Jun 18, 2005 at 5:19 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Regal1975
This is for the current ipod mini, i absolutely love it, but honestly, Im half deaf so that may be a part of the issue. The 7506s on some tracks recorded at a lower volume barely get loud.. on some it will get to a good level, but im thinking that at those levels on the mini, it is likely putting out a clipped signal. I have already taken a small step towards preventing any potential noise by buying a "mint" amp form a fellow forum member here, so im sure that will help.

im going to try and download eupod and see if i can get it running. Thanks much for the help guys!
icon10.gif

Well since you picked up an amp you might as well get one of these .
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back