Ipod Mini is awesome.
Apr 28, 2004 at 7:14 AM Post #3 of 16
the mini sucks. sold mine after just 1 month. the iriver ihp-120. now thats a winner..
lambda.gif

Apr 28, 2004 at 4:11 PM Post #4 of 16
Well, I think the mini is awesome because:
1. It's got the coolest form factor around, pictures do not do it justice....if you have an Apple Store near you check it out. IMO it makes the original IPOD look like a brick.
2. The body material is not prone to scratches and fingerprints like the larger IPODS.
3. All functions are incorporated into the click wheel.
4. I do not need more than the capacity of 4G. It allows me to carry around appr. 65 hours of music at 128AAC which is sufficient quality for gym use, etc....
5. It's a very cool gadget.

Apr 28, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #6 of 16
As a high fidelity portable music player for those who actually listen to an extensive music library instead of those who worry about the features of their hardware, it wipes the floor with the likes of the iHP and even improves upon the iPod with an enhanced control interface (which I prefer) and of course the size. It sounds exactly the same as the 2.1 iPod, with the weaknesses (lack of adjustability) and strengths (a sound which can be called high fidelity with a straight face) that implies.

The portability aspect is what really makes the Mini. Mine goes with me pretty much every day, along with the USB cable.

Apr 28, 2004 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by kthxbye
the mini sucks. sold mine after just 1 month. the iriver ihp-120. now thats a winner..
lambda.gif

Absolutely insightful, chock full of information, and straight to the point. Just what we wnat to see.

Care to elaborate at all?

I agree with Bangraman. The mini is fabulous. The new wheel is absolutely the best thing Apple has put on the iPod yet. This is probably what future iPods will have as a controller.

And now, with the new Apple lossless option, I've said bye bye to my IHP.

Apr 29, 2004 at 3:25 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by sjino
What exactly is the "Apple lossless option"?

Apple with the new iTunes version 4.5 introduced a lossless codec, similar to Flac and Monkey's Audio, among others; which can be played on the 3rd Gen and Mini iPods. As of now it's only really known as "Apple lossless", per se.

Apr 30, 2004 at 4:06 AM Post #13 of 16
One cannot compare the IHP-120 to the iPod mini, as the iPod mini is a totally different player. The IHP-120 can be compared to karma, and standard iPod, but not the mini. It is cute.

I want a pink iPod mini

Apr 30, 2004 at 9:27 AM Post #14 of 16
I love my Mini though I've neglected it lately due to buying a new CD source. No regrets here, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back