iPod--LOD--Stereo Coupler--Headphones (Did you ever try?)---Moderator Plz Move This Thread In To Portable Amp]
Oct 22, 2008 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

vkvedam

Headphoneus Supremus
Sorry.. this thread should have been posted in the Portable Amps section.

I've never tried this before and got absolutely shocked when I did it. I am not sure how many variations amp is going to bring but for now I am kind of spellbound. Did anyone of you try this, if yes how did you feel?

One things for sure, just make sure you've got a volume attenuator in line or else your ears would blast even if you're using cans like HD 600s.

Now I could hear a lot of detail at a pretty low volume. I am just thinking whether I would need an amp at all if I am listening to an iPod this way. Just used a normal stereo coupler.

Please do keep your suggestions coming......

Oct 23, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A female-female so the headphones can be plugged into the LOD.

You mean plugging the headphones straight into the dock?

That's interesting cos' I've never seen one tried this way before.

Oct 23, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #5 of 10
You actually can but you'd rather use this:
dock-1white.jpg

But it is full volume all the way.
confused_face.gif

Oct 23, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #9 of 10
So I've got some impressions which I've posted already. I am just listening to my iPod this way for quite some time with HFI 780s and E500s and absolutely impressed. The first thing you would notice is the zero noise or hiss when iPod turns up and all that you could hear is the pure music bliss. Ultra highs are a delight when using the iPod this way. Bass seems to precise and has got plenty of authority at its prominent positions. Mids have cleaned up a lot, could be because of a complete clean up across the entire spectrum. Shure's in line volume control is quite alright with out inducing any noise or its prominence. But there you ago everything has got a minor flaw along with it. You need a 3-4 step volume rise from 0 to actually get the complete soundstage and all the frequencies start to tingle you which is a bit too much if you are using ultra sensitive IEMs indoors and possibly on HFI 780s for night time listening which are quite efficient as well.

Would post some detailed impressions with track info later over the next 48 hours of extensive listening.

Happy listening......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back