iPod listening: Grado SR80? Sony 7506? Senn HD280? Or what?!?
Mar 16, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin1592
Solberrg, do you have the V6's with the beyer pads? without the beyer pads, is the music worse?

thanks

I am just using the stock pads. I was thinking about purchasing the dt250 pads, before my V6's arrived, but they are plenty comfy so I don't think I need to do it. From what I have read, most people seem to say that it has no real affect on sound quality, but the velour pads do lessen the isolation a bit.

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #17 of 20
Thanks--I'll see if I can find the V6s around here and have a listen. I'm slowly realizing that this may not be a once and done solution (yes I can hear you laughing). I love the effect and sound quality of open cans, but in a lot of ways it'd be more practical to go w/ something closed...& I think I'd prefer a little more color than what the 280s offer. But man, read about theMS1s, which sound like a sweet open can that'd scale up into an amp.

Till then I'm having fun with the ksc75s--was great to get in cheap and I'm psyched to modify them & see what happens.

One question w/ the v6s: some folks posting have noted that the treble can be fatiguing during extended listening. But it seems to be a minority opinion...thoughts?

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by keenmachine
Thanks--I'll see if I can find the V6s around here and have a listen. I'm slowly realizing that this may not be a once and done solution (yes I can hear you laughing).

Haha, yep, I laughed. But it always is with this hobby. Actually, it is with many hobbies. Go into any surfshop and the salesman will tell you that you need a longboard and a shortboard. Go into a dive shop, and they will tell you need a wetsuit and a drysuit. It just depends on how much you really want to get into the hobby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keenmachine
I love the effect and sound quality of open cans, but in a lot of ways it'd be more practical to go w/ something closed...& I think I'd prefer a little more color than what the 280s offer. But man, read about theMS1s, which sound like a sweet open can that'd scale up into an amp.

Till then I'm having fun with the ksc75s--was great to get in cheap and I'm psyched to modify them & see what happens.

One question w/ the v6s: some folks posting have noted that the treble can be fatiguing during extended listening. But it seems to be a minority opinion...thoughts?

Well, I listen to my V6's for 8 hours a day without a problem, so I guess I am not one of those people. I am actually finding my SR-60's to have just as pronounced treble, but I'm told that will go away over time.

Mar 17, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #19 of 20
From some of the reviews here, it seems the V6's have harsh highs, is that true? I am thinking about buying the V6's as my first can, do you think this is the right dessicion? or can you make other sugesstions.

Mar 17, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin1592
From some of the reviews here, it seems the V6's have harsh highs, is that true? I am thinking about buying the V6's as my first can, do you think this is the right dessicion? or can you make other sugesstions.

Kevin, I would suggest you make another thread asking for suggestions. In it, be sure to give your listening environment, source, amp (if you have one), and any other information you feel is relevant to your situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back