iPod Line Out - Sik Imp vs Dock
Apr 4, 2004 at 6:12 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by oneeyedhobbit
Umm...perhaps I'm the only one here wondering what a Sic Imp is?

www.sik.com

It basically allows you to have line out from the Ipod without having to use the dock.

Apr 4, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #18 of 26
Can any iPod owner please confirm if there is a hiss from line-out? Pause your iPod while playing a song and turn your nob on your amp to max. Do you hear a hiss?

I'm guessing it is true since no one came out and said otherwise.

Apr 4, 2004 at 11:06 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by lindrone
.....but I don't think the Imp's ..... wiring is probably more preferrable anyway.

Explain pleeeeeeze !!

Apr 5, 2004 at 4:04 AM Post #20 of 26
The noise I was hearing was more of a buzz (hence my grounding assumption) and is present with or without power connected to the dock. Also, the SuperDual is no more sensitive to it than is my XP-7, which is acknowledged as one of the "blackest" amps on the market (w/797s). Hopefully this is just an issue with my particular dock -- I am returning it tomorrow PM.

Apr 5, 2004 at 6:57 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by penbat
Explain pleeeeeeze !!

Hmm.. I wasn't thinking straight, and started a sentence that didn't make any sense. I meant to say "I think the Imp's wiring is more preferrably anyway".. something like that, that "don't" isn't supposed to be there.

Jun 7, 2004 at 4:51 PM Post #22 of 26
I got the SIK cable works excellent through my newly installed AUX input in the car. The charging part sucks though tons of noise if you play while charging. Im not intrerested in it so it's ok but if you wanted to charge and play at the smae time it sucks. What I would like is a cable that has a male plug and no second plug for electricity. NO ONE sells sucha cable as fa as I can tell.

Does anyone know if you can order a custom cable of this type anywhere? DOCK (line out) to male mini plug (preferably 90 degre instead of staright).

Thanks.

Jun 7, 2004 at 6:05 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by molinary
I got the SIK cable works excellent through my newly installed AUX input in the car. The charging part sucks though tons of noise if you play while charging. Im not intrerested in it so it's ok but if you wanted to charge and play at the smae time it sucks. What I would like is a cable that has a male plug and no second plug for electricity. NO ONE sells sucha cable as fa as I can tell.

Does anyone know if you can order a custom cable of this type anywhere? DOCK (line out) to male mini plug (preferably 90 degre instead of staright).

Thanks.

You just need to find someone with the expertise to do the modification to your requirements. It isn't that difficult. I don't know where you are but Fiddler in the UK did a good job for me.

Jun 7, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #24 of 26
Please forgive, but what's the female firewire cable supposed to be for? I understand the other part of the sik.

Jun 8, 2004 at 3:55 AM Post #25 of 26
Maybe this is just recycled stuff - but the questions about right angle connectors for SIK, and 'charging noise' when using a car charger and SIK make me think someone might find this post useful.

link to iPod Studio post - DIY SIK projects

The right angle male/male adapter leaves one with more connection options, although it is arguably bulkier than removing the female SIK connector and replacing it with a male version.

Charging with the battery pack accessory induces no noise AFAIK.

Phil

Jun 8, 2004 at 4:04 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by vranswer
Please forgive, but what's the female firewire cable supposed to be for? I understand the other part of the sik.

Its for charging the iPod while connected to the lineout. I'm also assuming you can connect it to the computer through the same connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back