iPod Classic vs Nano
Nov 9, 2011 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DomieMic65

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone compared the sound of those two?

Are there any differences? Is the classic supposed to be better?
I am interested mainly for connection through lod cable to portable amp, so the internal amp section isn't very important for me.
Can the nano be connected through usb to the new generation of portable dacs/amps like the Fostex HP-P1 or the CyberLabs Algorythm solo??

Nov 9, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 8
The HP-P1 is really good if AMPs is not needed and CLAS is pretty good with AMPs use(better than HP1).

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 8
There's a line that the 5.5G Classics were supposed to be the best sounding classics..however I think my Iphone 4 sounds better than my Ipod Video..

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #6 of 8
First of all the 5.5 is not an ipod classic. It is an ipod video or 5.5g
There are more in the industry that think the standard 5.5 sounds much worse and have more in its signal path than the classic.
Quote:
There's a line that the 5.5G Classics were supposed to be the best sounding classics..however I think my Iphone 4 sounds better than my Ipod Video..

Nov 13, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #7 of 8
so guys from what I understand first of all there are differences in the sound quality of the "i..."s

what is it supposed to have the best sound?

if its the iPhone it is very convenient for me because i want one, one way or another!!

Other players that sound good apart from the i's? Or better than them?

Are there portable players that can play hi-rez flac's or alac's ???
In a reasonable price range I mean...

Nov 13, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #8 of 8
This is up there with 'chocolate vs strawberry' - the 'best' sound is a question only you can answer. I preferred the SQ of the 6G Nano to my 6G Classic, and I had both for > 6 months, so this isnt the new toy joy/placebo talking. Ultimately, you might have a 180 degree different POV - both are quite good compared to earlier iPod generations that I have owned, and I had the legendary 1G Shuffle way back when. Old school - r-e-s-p-e-c-t   
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back