Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Apr 18, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #2,386 of 3,645
Correct. Though i haven't tried it. I believe the music must be transfered by itunes to be recognized by the apple firmware.

If you do it this way, you must use the database in rockbox. Itunes will re-name the filenames of each song and they will be unreadable in folder view. The tags will still be intact which will enable rockbox to read them normally in database mode.

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #2,387 of 3,645
Quote:
Correct. Though i haven't tried it. I believe the music must be transfered by itunes to be recognized by the apple firmware.

If you do it this way, you must use the database in rockbox. Itunes will re-name the filenames of each song and they will be unreadable in folder view. The tags will still be intact which will enable rockbox to read them normally in database mode.

Thank you!

Apr 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #2,388 of 3,645
Quote:

If I use Apple lossless they are readable in iTunes and Rockbox if I use Aiff they are read on iTunes but not identified on Rockbox ex. the artist, album, etc.

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #2,389 of 3,645
Hey everyone, first time poster here, long time Rockbox user (first time was on the iPod Photo!) and I may or may not have a problem.

Rockbox is currently working fine on my 160gb iPod Classic.  However, in the event that I may want to sell my iPod at some point, I would likely have to go back to stock Apple firmware. The steps are easy enough, except I'm having an issue, making it seemingly impossible.

No matter how many times I press and hold menu+select for 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 45 minutes, etc...the Apple logo never shows up.  The iPod reboots, but almost instantly is back on the EmCORE boot screen (all grey except the EmCORE version number up top). I keep holding the buttons through that, and again it just boots right back into the EmCORE screen. It's almost as if the Apple firmware is just totally gone and I'm just left with EmCORE and Rockbox (which is fine with me, but not if I want to sell it).  This is plugged into USB, not plugged in, from EmCORE, from Rockbox, etc. I've tried it in so many different ways trying to make it happen, but to no avail.

So, is there a way to get it back? Am I doing it wrong?  I'm not sure how I could be, holding 2 buttons simultaneously can't be that difficult :)

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #2,391 of 3,645
Hey guys,

I got a pretty small but annoying problem. With arolodan's latest build (Feb 17th) my theme (Amarok) won't display album art in full size... It's like 1/20 size. Anyone else experience this with other themes or have any idea how to fix it?

I'll be sticking with the January 10th release for now... All releases are excellent, so it's not really a big deal. Just curious if anyone else has any experience with it.

Thanks all!

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #2,392 of 3,645
Quote:
Hey guys,

I got a pretty small but annoying problem. With arolodan's latest build (Feb 17th) my theme (Amarok) won't display album art in full size... It's like 1/20 size. Anyone else experience this with other themes or have any idea how to fix it?

I'll be sticking with the January 10th release for now... All releases are excellent, so it's not really a big deal. Just curious if anyone else has any experience with it.

Thanks all!

Have you tried changing the font size

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #2,394 of 3,645
Sorry for this question if it was answered :) i just want to know how much better the SQ is when using it with Rock Box on iPod Classic 7th Gen, I'm on Mac so cant install it right now maybe later.

Also does it alow to extend the volume? Like with stock firmware let say it's 100% so with RockBox can i go more then 100% of volume? I've just got my new iPod Classic 160 7th Gen, i just wish i could get volumes around 110% from stock firmware. 

Apr 28, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #2,396 of 3,645
Quote:
Sorry for this question if it was answered :) i just want to know how much better the SQ is when using it with Rock Box on iPod Classic 7th Gen, I'm on Mac so cant install it right now maybe later.

Also does it alow to extend the volume? Like with stock firmware let say it's 100% so with RockBox can i go more then 100% of volume? I've just got my new iPod Classic 160 7th Gen, i just wish i could get volumes around 110% from stock firmware.

Well, i've upgraded from the Stock Firmware to Rockbox, and first, at least i enjoy the rockboxed ipod sound more than i do my non rockboxed one. as for the second question, i understand that's correct, i can go to a  much higher volume than with the stock firmware, however, sometimes i hear distortion when going louder than stock firmware. for more volume, i believe it's better to get an amp.

Apr 29, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #2,397 of 3,645
If you have a Classic for the European market then you will notice differences in sound with Rockbox because the volume limiter is gone. With other Classics I'm not sure, but you will be able to play it very, very loud. Like Joses14 said, anything above 0 dB will result in variable amounts of distortion, the max is +12 dB here btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back