Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Mar 25, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #571 of 3,645
i use normal theme for menus and use Bluerays as WPS, really nice and has all the info i like laid out nicely.

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #572 of 3,645

Quote:
What I use is 'cabbie v2' theme with this 'cabbie 3.0 mod' theme set as while playing screen. And in theme settings i prefer to use 'clear backdrop'. Set the font size to '16-adobe-helvetica-bold'.

I did a very simple modification to this 'cabbie 3.0 mod' while playing screen regarding the progress bar.

I modified it to show the remaining track time in the right side of the progress bar instead of total track time.

http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1131&target=ipodvideo

That theme is... just... perfect! 
beyersmile.png
 The only thing I would like it to have is the file format of the playing track. But that's just a minor complaint. I will try it.

Thank you!

Mar 25, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #573 of 3,645
dippyboy, I will try the cabbie 3.0 mod and WPS. Thanks. I modified the font the same way as you. I also created a pure black backdrop for cabbie to replace the grayish one and that really helps scrolling.

danimoca, if you have a good album art collection, I highly recommend the AluminArt theme which was my favorite on the iPod Video and works great on the Classic. I suggest opening the .cfg file and changing two settings:

Make the font bold:

Quote:
font: /.rockbox/fonts/18-Adobe-Helvetica-Bold.fnt

And turn the status bar on:

statusbar: on

Mar 25, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #574 of 3,645
Hi - this forum is really helpful, and enabled me (pretty much a newbie) to Rockbox my four year old 160gb Classic 6g.

I like to use the database function in Rockbox, since I have quite a lot of compilation albums and the database gives me a lot of flexibility in how I organise these.  However (and maybe this is just me) - it seems to be pretty fragile.  I have quite a large music collection and so far have managed to put about 35gb on to my ipod.  If I put more than a couple of albums on at a time the database freezes during updating and can't be fixed.  (I've tried deleting all the database files and this doesn't work - I've tried taking the last folder added off and rebuilding the database - no good).  The only thing that works is to back everything up, reformat the data partition, and reinstall rockbox.  Following that if I put the entire contents back on in one go the database works.  I'm working from my old Itunes music folder, and all the MP3s have album art embedded, so before putting these on my rockboxed Ipod I have to use Album Art Extractor for Rockbox to put one JPEG in each folder, and then MP3 tag to take the embedded album art out of each track.  So each album that I'm putting on the Ipod should have the Album art in the Rockbox preferred format, and I'm pretty sure that's not what is causing the problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this sort of issue.

I'm experimenting with Media Monkey and Winamp as a Music organiser - they both seem to do pretty much the same things, and I've set them up using my Itunes library folder as the media folder in each case.  Basically I want to be able to add compilation albums to my rockboxed Ipod, and also compile playlists and save them on the rockboxed ipod.  Does anyone have any preferences between these two?

Other than that, I find the sound quality much better in Rockbox (and that's without mucking around with the EQ).  I've got a brand new Ipod Classic with some of the same music on, so I can compare the two machines using the same headphones to listen to the same track.  I'm using the rayboradio theme with a slightly larger font (adobe helvetica bold 16).  This gives me lots of information fairly clearly laid out.  On the whole I really like Rockbox, and if I can sort out the database issues I'll Rockbox my newer Ipod.

Mar 26, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #575 of 3,645

Quote:
That theme is... just... perfect! 
beyersmile.png
 The only thing I would like it to have is the file format of the playing track. But that's just a minor complaint. I will try it.

Thank you!

I have modified the 'cabbie 3.0 mod' wps to incorporate file format of current track and as well as date and time. I even modified it to display the remaining track time in place of total track time to the right side of the progress bar. If you would like to try it out just let me know.

Mar 26, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #576 of 3,645
Quote:
I have modified the 'cabbie 3.0 mod' wps to incorporate file format of current track and as well as date and time. I even modified it to display the remaining track time in place of total track time to the right side of the progress bar. If you would like to try it out just let me know.

I would love to try this modified version! You have a PM with my email. Thanks!

Mar 26, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #578 of 3,645
Wish the 3g ipod mini and the Zune series will get Rockbox sometime possibly in the future. 

Just rockboxed my 60GB Toshiba Gigabeat s60v today and is running great with my flac collection.

Mar 27, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #579 of 3,645

Quote:
Wish the 3g ipod mini and the Zune series will get Rockbox sometime possibly in the future. 

Just rockboxed my 60GB Toshiba Gigabeat s60v today and is running great with my flac collection.

Rockbox on a Zune, never happen. And there was no 3rd-gen iPod Mini.....

Mar 27, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #580 of 3,645
Guys, If the ipod classic battery lifespan is going to end soon, can i replace it through apple shop?

I heard forum mentioned that they will replace you the refurnished ipod.

If i wanna replace it by myself, may i know how to purchase the battery? The battery is solely available via online or i am able to purchase them via apple shop?

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #581 of 3,645

Quote:
Guys, If the ipod classic battery lifespan is going to end soon, can i replace it through apple shop?

I heard forum mentioned that they will replace you the refurnished ipod.

If i wanna replace it by myself, may i know how to purchase the battery? The battery is solely available via online or i am able to purchase them via apple shop?

Try here

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #582 of 3,645
About the battery life of the latest Rockbox build, I let my iPod looped through a 48Khz/24 bit FLAC album (1500 kbps average), EQ on, until the battery was empty and it took about 17 hours. I bet lower bitrate files (44.1 FLACs and MP3s) would make it last longer.

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #583 of 3,645
The latest build including the patches for CPU frequency scaling or the latest build as in the one that fixed a bunch of issues? There have been two usable builds posted in the last few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back