Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Feb 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #421 of 3,645

Quote:
Awesome! Years of waiting for a high-capacity player with drag-n-drop, flac, playlists, etc. So I bought a brand new 160g classic, rockboxed it, and I'm in heaven. I a little confused by what is being called the Rockbox "latest build" - is this from the RB site? Or is everyone talking about Castor's on the Mediafire link? If its from the RB site - do I use the one from the Ipod "Color/Photo"? 

Thanks to all for the awesome contributions!

Hi english is not my native languagge but hopefully i will explain few things

I guess you have a late 2009 ipod classic 160 gb, this one i got as well rockboxed. Now official ''latest build ''  is from http://www.freemyipod.org  and if i am right  that build still has the battery drainage as the previous ones from last year.
Spikeh a member of this site released his rockbox with all the patches http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9830513/rockbox.zip wich is   very big improvement on the batery life. Castor patches claim to have 20 hours on flac   files havent had time to see it by myself but definitaly  more than 10 hours been using playback on flac files, and the batery level still goin strong
I have no idea if is any build on rockbox site for ipod classic havent checked anyway there 

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #422 of 3,645

Quote:
Hello to all , new member on this amazing site
yes i does wipe out the hard drive but dont worry you can go back to apple software anytime you want, honestly all i can say that it's the best thing that ever happened to my iPod .
I got a late 2009 160gb model and i installed the latest build with the battery improved and i got only flac files and half of them Hi-Re 24/96 and all play fine.
The only negative thing if i could say is as i turn on ipod the wheel is not responding for few seconds but after that is fine, i dont know why but i does always after i boot it up for few sec menu freezes.

I meant if I update it, because I have had rockbox since April of 2011, and it says on the emcore site that updating something, i cant remember what it said, would wipe the hard drive on a certain model and version. I assume it will, and even if it doesnt I am going to back it up....but...I have filled about 140 out of 160 gigs of my space...so that could take a looooong time xD

Feb 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #423 of 3,645
Yes, upgrading from the older Emcore to the latest version will flash and wipe your drive for some models.

Feb 16, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #425 of 3,645
Good to hear...I am still running Castor's patched version with no problems at all...how did you add the themes by the way? 

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #428 of 3,645
Good to hear...when I first did Emcore I managed to get some themes on using the Rockbox installer. It was rather reluctant at first, and stalled a few times...wasn't too bothered once I had a few on and knew it could be done.

Should try manually adding them to get a little variety now I guess :)...

Feb 22, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #429 of 3,645
there's a new build available at: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26417574/rockbox_builds/rockbox-ipod6g-d8fd988M-120222-with_patches.zip

it includes the most recent rockbox source code (as of now) + some patches that are included in the archive for reference.

ipod6g_charger-v1.patch
ipod6g_cpu_freq-v2.patch
ipod6g_holdswitch_poll-v1.patch
ipod6g_lcd_sleep-v2.patch
ipod6g_max_vol_cap.patch
ipod6g_swap_audio_channels-v2.patch

please test and comment!

Feb 22, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #430 of 3,645
Hi User,

I would gladly, but in the middle of testing modifications to the build I posted earlier done by their developer...was your build basically a pull of his patches? Does it integrate any other work by other developers?

Feb 22, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #431 of 3,645

I installed it and it works. There's no channel issue and I like the sound better (not sure it's because of the correct channel). I could not comment on battery usage. 
Quote:
there's a new build available at: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26417574/rockbox_builds/rockbox-ipod6g-d8fd988M-120222-with_patches.zip

it includes the most recent rockbox source code (as of now) + some patches that are included in the archive for reference.

ipod6g_charger-v1.patch
ipod6g_cpu_freq-v2.patch
ipod6g_holdswitch_poll-v1.patch
ipod6g_lcd_sleep-v2.patch
ipod6g_max_vol_cap.patch
ipod6g_swap_audio_channels-v2.patch

please test and comment!

Feb 22, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #432 of 3,645

Works here too. Where can I get the latest Rockbox port to iPod Classic and patches? I'd like to help hacking the code.

Quote:
I installed it and it works. There's no channel issue and I like the sound better (not sure it's because of the correct channel). I could not comment on battery usage. 

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #435 of 3,645
I ran this latest build all day with no problems. 12 hours of play time with mp3, ogg, multiple startups/shutdowns, album changes and changing settings. Still over 60% battery life. That's on par with stock battery claims. Very happy!

the337, I am using the latest 160gb ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back