iPod Classic Firmware 1.1 WARNING
Feb 1, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #92 of 147
I do have the hissing now and then when I turn my 80G Classic off, but other than that I haven't had any problems.

I have noticed however after reading a lot of post, people who are using Windows seem to have a higher rate of problems than people using Macs. Not putting down Windows, or being an Apple Fanboy. Just noticing.

Feb 1, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #95 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by me7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are a lot more Windows users out there than Mac OS users, so there will be a lot more people who have the issue that happen to use Windows.

we aren't brainwashed to **** and do nothing
tongue.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #96 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by me7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are a lot more Windows users out there than Mac OS users, so there will be a lot more people who have the issue that happen to use Windows.

Good point... I knew as soon as I hit "Submit Reply" I wouldn't win any new friends. Sorry. I use Macs almost exclusively at home and work, but I gots nuthin' against PCs.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go take my brain out of the washing machine....
icon10.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #100 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"...headfi.com (a Web site for a super-high-end headphone amplifier manufacturer)..."

er....

Heheh, I saw that... I think they have us confused with HeadRoom.

All of the news stories so far are circular and eventually lead back either to this thread or one of several others on similar forums. It may be a while before anything is heard from Apple, but hopefully news is spreading quickly enough that they'll get a fix out soon.

Has anyone seen discussion about how a firmware upgrade could cause hardware problems of this magnitude? It just seems weird...

Feb 3, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #103 of 147
Does anyone know if the 1.1 update does the same thing to the nano?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back