iPod Classic Firmware 1.1 WARNING
Feb 26, 2008 at 9:40 AM Post #136 of 147
I need an iPod Classic US firmware (the latest one) to get rid of the EU volume limit and it should work as I bought it in US. It used to have incredibly loud volume, but once I updated it's software, it went all the way down... I'm in Europe now.

So please someone help!.. I need a 1.1.1 US firmware for iPod Classic (160GB) and instructions for applying it.

Mar 4, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #137 of 147
Thanks for the tip @ the OP.

This may be a different matter, but after upgrading to 1.1.1 a week or two ago, I noticed that my iPod Classic started pausing in the middle of my music -- while driving to and from work, about two or three songs in my mix this happens.

So far, it has stopped and it may have been a one-time only thing. Though, I do love my iPod Classic, I expected more from Apple after upgrading from a 5G iPod. The whole Cover Flow annoyances and the questionable audio quality discussions are a little too much these days.

Mar 4, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #138 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
apple just scares me. I could never let crappy programming like this go out the door.

it is too bad you are not in control of the company, then we would all be safe!
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2008 at 10:23 AM Post #139 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it is too bad you are not in control of the company, then we would all be safe!
wink.gif

Regardless of your cynicism his point is perfectly valid. A potentially damaging software release should not make it to public release.

Mar 4, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #140 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by zdlo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need an iPod Classic US firmware (the latest one) to get rid of the EU volume limit and it should work as I bought it in US. It used to have incredibly loud volume, but once I updated it's software, it went all the way down... I'm in Europe now.

So please someone help!.. I need a 1.1.1 US firmware for iPod Classic (160GB) and instructions for applying it.

Interesting. Are there other people who bought an US iPod and noticed the volume to get lower after they updated it in Europe?
Maybe the cap is set according to the region settings of your computer when you update/restore?

Mar 4, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #141 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by cs1323 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This may be a different matter, but after upgrading to 1.1.1 a week or two ago, I noticed that my iPod Classic started pausing in the middle of my music -- while driving to and from work, about two or three songs in my mix this happens.

I've been experiencing this problem, as well. I just hope that a new firmware gets released to fix this problem. There's a thread in the Apple forum about the problem, here.

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #142 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by me7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting. Are there other people who bought an US iPod and noticed the volume to get lower after they updated it in Europe?
Maybe the cap is set according to the region settings of your computer when you update/restore?

No cap... I've tried everything. Volume gets louder until it gets halfway on the slide, but after halfway, it's same... Sound enhancer is off, sound check is off, volume limit is on the maximum and also volume adjustment for all the songs are set to +100%.

Therefore, I need a US firmware. If someone have a 1.1.1 US firmware for 160GB, please help... I'm desperately looking to find one.

(Restoring doesn't change firmware.)

Mar 22, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #143 of 147
"This may be a different matter, but after upgrading to 1.1.1 a week or two ago, I noticed that my iPod Classic started pausing in the middle of my music -- while driving to and from work, about two or three songs in my mix this happens."

Yep, it happens for every song practically, the hic-ups are annoying. Going back to 1.0.3 because it's just fine.

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #144 of 147
Quote:

Are there other people who bought an US iPod and noticed the volume to get lower after they updated it in Europe?

Yes, I have experienced this problem either. After upgrading firmware my iPod Classic's volume is pretty low comparing to my iPod Nano, which is from US too.
It sucks because I bought Classic from US in order to have high output power. I chose it instead of warranty (If I bought it in Poland, I would have one) and now I've got neither.

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #145 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sucks because I bought Classic from US in order to have high output power. I chose it instead of warranty (If I bought it in Poland, I would have one) and now I've got neither.

No, you have a warranty nfsu, it's worldwide so you are perfectly protected....for a year at least :p just make sure to keep a hold of that serial number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back