iPod AutoSync Question/Help
Jan 14, 2006 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

falcogreg

New Head-Fier
I bought my son a nano for Christmas and have been loading songs on it. When I set up iTunes on my PC (XP), I did the standard set up which included auto syncing. It is my understanding that if I now hook up the nano to any other computer, I will lose all the songs. Is this becasue I had the autosync feature turned on? If I did lose all the music and then hooked it back up to my pc, would I lose all the music on my PC as well or would the music be put back onto the nano? If I turned the autosync feature off, could I now hook it up to another computer without losing the music? If yes, how do I turn this feature off?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
Greg

Jan 14, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by falcogreg
I bought my son a nano for Christmas and have been loading songs on it. When I set up iTunes on my PC (XP), I did the standard set up which included auto syncing. It is my understanding that if I now hook up the nano to any other computer, I will lose all the songs. Is this becasue I had the autosync feature turned on? If I did lose all the music and then hooked it back up to my pc, would I lose all the music on my PC as well or would the music be put back onto the nano? If I turned the autosync feature off, could I now hook it up to another computer without losing the music? If yes, how do I turn this feature off?

Go to iTunes preferences -> iPod preferences -> manage tracks & playlists manually.
Yes, if you have full autosync on, the iPod will loose its music if connected to another PC with iTunes that has autosync on. No, iTunes will never loose music just because your iPod has been emptied for some reason. It will sync playcounts & on the go playlists if available.

Jan 14, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 4
If autosync is off you can connect it to any computer with no risk of the ipod losing its music. You can also add tracks off other computers through iTunes as well by simply dragging and dropping onto the ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back