Ipod 3G, 5G or another hard-drive AAC player?
Mar 15, 2006 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

riker1384

100+ Head-Fier
I got an Ipod Nano for Xmas. I didn't think I'd need a big one, but it's so nice I'd like to have my whole collection on one. I think I'll keep the Nano though. I want 20-30GB storage. I can keep my Itunes on the Nano and just put ripped stuff on the other. I don't need video or anything else.

I like the Ipod but I might like something cheaper if possible. I hear bad things about the 4G, but at least Stereophile thinks the 3G is good. Also I hear the battery is soldered in the 5G, and the 5G is possibly easier scratched. I might like a different brand that has a regular removable battery. I might want something I can keep, take anywhere and not be Apple's bitch.

I doesn't have to be quite as small as an Ipod, but it shouldn't be much bigger.

I don't want something that's too hard to use. Does anyone recommend the Nomads or Rios that are compatible with Itunes?:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93548

Any ideas?

Mar 16, 2006 at 9:20 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Stick to the iPod. The 5G is the most mature product and you're probably best off sticking with that.

That's so cool... your post count is 8666.
wink.gif
When it gets to 8888 you should hold of for a couple days just to savour it!

That's true. No matter what people say, the iPod is truly an excellent product. In no aspect does it REALLY lack. It has the sound quality, the user interface, the software, etc... Sure, there are somethings that we would like to have added, but really, as a 'whole' it's still unbeatable.

Mar 16, 2006 at 11:45 AM Post #5 of 5
Depends on price. Also if you're willing to wait a couple weeks to see what happens on Apple's 30th anniversery, there may be a new model (or at least it's rumored). It may help drop the 5G price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back