iPod 2.0.1 is great
Jun 19, 2003 at 10:20 PM Post #2 of 17
Downloading the file now.

This is a 29.8Mb file for the windows version of the update.

What’s New in iPod Software Update 2.0.1:

• Better support for Asian languages
• Enhanced On-The-Go playlist functionality
• Improved playback performance
• Improved handling of mp3 VBR songs
• Fixed artist sorting
• Improved backlight
• Improved alarm clock
• Fixed left/right channel swapping

New in Windows Update:
• USB 2.0 synchronization
• Support for Audible.com
• Support for multiple iPods on one computer
• Shorter connection times
• Better overall performance

Jun 20, 2003 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 17
now you can add songs to the on-the-go playlist, while listening to the playlist, and it will add the song to the current playlist without having to restart it.

before, you had to stop the playlist and restart it to update the changes.

oh and the pops/clicks are completely gone!

now just waiting to see if it consistantly cuts off certain songs...

the backlight is still funky.. if you manually turn the backlight on by holding down the menu button, the backlight only stays on for a few seconds, even if you are continually scrolling through songs. the light should stay on until you stop pressing buttons (like the 2nd gen ipods).

oh well, maybe that will be the next firmware. i am happy anyway-

Jun 20, 2003 at 12:20 AM Post #5 of 17
awesome i'm downloading it now.
smily_headphones1.gif
i'll write back with my experience

Jun 20, 2003 at 12:31 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
A tip. Make sure your Left/Right channels are the right way around BEFORE you apply the update. Use my MP3 file in the thread below if it helps.

Don't worry about it: your channels will end up on the correct side regardless.

Jun 20, 2003 at 7:11 AM Post #7 of 17
Does this work on the old generation Ipods?

Jun 20, 2003 at 1:45 PM Post #9 of 17
Geez, talk about your marketing ploy...I wish they would just release 2.0.1 for older gens already...it would be kinda nice. But I suppose that's how they make their money
rolleyes.gif

Jun 20, 2003 at 3:03 PM Post #10 of 17
I thought it was just to correct issues with the newest version anyway. Funny they don't even credit the update with fixing the clicks.

Does it seem to anyone else that there is a slight pause in between tracks that didn't exist before 2.0.1? I think that is the click fix at work. It must insert brief digital silence before each track. I guess it could just be an absence of the click that makes me perceive the pause.

Stu

Jun 21, 2003 at 3:09 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
So far seems like a nice update. Anyone hav any suggestions for software to back-up iPod mp3s to a HD?
cool.gif

I thought you were using a Mac/iTunes, lex? If so, you already have them backed up
wink.gif

Jun 21, 2003 at 3:19 AM Post #14 of 17
With earlier versions I would dump my iTunes library off the laptop to save room. Later I was able to "upload" from the iPod. I haven't been too sucessful with the latest crop Ipod utils. It isn't such a big deal with the 60 gig PB now, just curious...
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back