iphone vs ipod classic SQ?
Dec 1, 2008 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Randolph Duke

100+ Head-Fier
Bought the iphone thinking it would be best to have all my gadgets in one machine.
Yet- there's still some things I miss from the classic ipod.
The iphone is cool for talking and web stuff, but I don't it think it makes a great music player.
How does the new ipod sound? battery life?

Dec 1, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 8
lol I made this exact thread may be a week ago and the outcome was neither was better for SQ very = but as far as using the dap I think most people like the iphones cool little features

Dec 2, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #4 of 8
I have a brand new 160gb Classic coming in the mail tomorrow. I'm eager to try it out. I just sold my 60gb iPod Video, so let's hope I don't regret my decision.

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a brand new 160gb Classic coming in the mail tomorrow. I'm eager to try it out. I just sold my 60gb iPod Video, so let's hope I don't regret my decision.

you won't regret it unless you absolutely need rockbox or if you like the cover flow eyecandy
smile.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #6 of 8
Ha, I dabbled with Rockbox for quite a while but ended up finding it more trouble than it was worth (on my iPod at least). I do like coverflow on iTunes, but I see no need to use it on my iPod.

Dec 2, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #8 of 8
yes the touch and iphone 3G sound very similar, IMO the HP out on the iphone is only beaten by the 2G touch out of the apple line. the classic has a bit more bass slam but not as natural sounding as the touch and iphone 3G. the line out on the iphone is really special. Of course I use My DIYMOD rig (see sig) if I want really great sound but if I want to go really portable then I just grab the iphone and maybe the pico

Users who are viewing this thread

Back