Iphone newb - help! Need Ogg :)
Aug 1, 2008 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Tyson

Headphoneus Supremus
OK, I've found out that Ogg can be used if you install the Xiph files for Quicktime, located here:

Xiph.org: Quicktime

But, I have no idea how to make it work. All I know is that I have a windows XP laptop, an Iphone 3g, and a hell of a lot of ogg files in my music library. I'd like to be able to listen to them on my iphone 3g, but no idea how to make that happen. Help!

Aug 1, 2008 at 8:11 AM Post #2 of 5
Does that only let you use OGG on the computer using quicktime? Because I have a ipod and I don't think it has OGG playback. What you might need to do is download a converter and convert the songs to MP3 or WAV or something.

Aug 1, 2008 at 8:49 AM Post #3 of 5
eventually vlc for iphone will allow you to use ogg, flac and other open source decoders. encoding, too may eventually be possible but... i can imagine that would take longer than realtime.

until then, might want to convert them from the itunes library into aac. you should be able to highlight them and convert them to aac or mp3. i know everyone are against transcoding but for the moment, you haven't a choice unless you convert them to alac, wav or aiff to preserve all the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back