iphone line out to car
Jul 11, 2011 at 6:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

krohm

Head-Fier

wondering if there is a way i can connect the iphone 3gs via line out to my car, i have a connection that comes out of the glovebox atm as standard that allows connection of ipod/iphone/n8 etc but allows browsing only via the menu system of the car rather than scrolling through on the iphone, is this even line out?  im wanting to have line out, have it charge, and still be able to scroll via phone, this is the device i mistakenly bought , link, after i purchased i realised this requires an additional 3.55mm jack to get the audio working?  so all it is atm is a glorified car charger/iphone cradle.  im wanting this device, but line out audio?  what are my options, 

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #2 of 7
If your using a stock head unit I think you're SOL. An aftermarket unit would be your best option. I'm using a kenwood dnx9980hd with the iPod/ iPhone connect that let's me control almost every aspect of my iPhone through the units touchscreen. It charges and pro ides a direct connect for pandora. also let's me watch video and s roll album art. Alo has a black gates cable to connect to the cable I have that let's users use an iMod or whipmodded iPod. Several other makers have units that will do many of the things you are asking for. Look at pioneers also. The 99prs is the best for sound quality as it does 100% bypass the iPod dac.

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 7
go to installer.com, and see what your options are for your car. also check out blitzsafe and see what they have for your car in the way of 3.5mm stuff. Then use a sendstation mini dock, usb to cig charger, 3.5 to car stereo, or if you really want to get nuts, see if a custom cable tech (one of those guys making LOD's on ebay should be up to the task) can throw something together in the way of a custom cable that connects to the stereo and the cig charger ( EDIT: cars voltage: 12v Ipods; 5, you're gonna need that cig adapter)  that way all you'll have is a single cable with an Ipod connector on the end.

Jul 15, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #5 of 7
I'm sorry, you'll need to contact them, I'm not familiar with your car...OH WAIT!! It's a benz!?! I'm a mercedes mechanic! Please give me the year and model of your benz, I'll bug the mighty buffalo (a dealer guy I know) he messes with Ipod integration and the such

Aug 1, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #7 of 7
I talked to the Buffalo, he says there is no factory solution for what you are trying to do, Installer.com it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back