iPhone Case too thick for earphones
Jan 3, 2014 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

eyeis

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,

I just joined this forum and I was wondering if there are any iPhone users out there that can help me with my predicament. I just bought a pair of awesome RHA 750i in ear buds but the jack is too thick to fit the earbuds into the iPhone with my iPhone case on.

Do any of you have this same problem with whatever headphones you have? I have seen some thin audio converter cables on amazon to help with this issue but they are not rated good. So is there a certain cable you could recommend? Would it work with in-line controls?

Thanks

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #2 of 10
I have the same problem with my Shure SE535 and iPhone 5S + case.

You can try after market cable that are made for iPhone. Or you can use your iPHone without a case.

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #3 of 10
Hey, I've had this problem many times.. I've tried everything from the Apple Leather case to Belkin, Incipio, OtterBox.. Eventually I found the Mummy Cases, I bought them on loopattachment dot com and I no longer have any problems..

They're silicone and they don't cover the entire phone, but check 'em out, I've had no issues regarding protection.

Another thing you can do is try to drill the opening of the cases you already have.. It worked on my Incipio Frequency case.

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #7 of 10

Thank you very much for supplying the link...both of those adaptors look like they would be as thick as the headphone connector that currently doesn't work. (kind of hard to tell by the pictures...) but thanks again

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #10 of 10
Thanks Everyone!

I Found this cable, http://www.radtech.us/products/procable-shortz-audio-extender

I don't understand why they don't sell these at the apple store. I'm sure a lot of otter box people would benefit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back