iPhone cable (with mic) for UE or JH IEM's
May 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #93 of 149
Quote:
Anyone did try this and can give feedback ?

http://social.logitechue.com/promos/inline-remote-and-microphone-cable-for-custom-in-ear-monitors/

What's the difference between the models before and after Sep 1, 2010? It seems the cable only works for the new UE iem. Would it be the same as other models (JH, w4r, etc.)?

May 14, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #96 of 149
Quote:
So can it be used with ASG-1 or w4r?

If I'm not mistaken, the newer UE cables should not work with the ASG or W4.  Look at the JH or Westone cable, they should be compatible. 

May 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #98 of 149
Quote:

Do you know if this cable with the remote would fit the Triple-Fi 10s? Also do you know much about its durability?

I actually have this cable for my TF10, it does fit but I would advise against it cause the pin doesn't go in too far so it's not really that secure. I guess if the pins go in tightly then it'll be okay.

May 22, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #100 of 149
just bought the cable at http://goo.gl/jXVsk The seller modified the cable with connections for my JH16pro IEMs. I am happy with the quality. The headphone jack is from a Sennheiser cable (has Sennheiser stamped on it), and the iPhone controls are from stock iPhone cables (indistinguishable from the controls on the earbuds that came with my iPhone5). The sound quality is indistinguishable (or maybe a little more bass) than the stock JH Audio cables.
I had previously used a cable made for UE IEMs mentioned earlier in this thread, but those cables did not fit as snugly into the IEMs as these. Every once in a while, the old cables would slip out, but these fit snugly & I can't imagine them accidentally slipping out.

Another option to consider.
Hope this helps someone.

May 24, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #101 of 149
just bought the cable at http://goo.gl/jXVsk The seller modified the cable with connections for my JH16pro IEMs. I am happy with the quality. The headphone jack is from a Sennheiser cable (has Sennheiser stamped on it), and the iPhone controls are from stock iPhone cables (indistinguishable from the controls on the earbuds that came with my iPhone5). The sound quality is indistinguishable (or maybe a little more bass) than the stock JH Audio cables.
I had previously used a cable made for UE IEMs mentioned earlier in this thread, but those cables did not fit as snugly into the IEMs as these. Every once in a while, the old cables would slip out, but these fit snugly & I can't imagine them accidentally slipping out.

Another option to consider.
Hope this helps someone.

What do you think about the cable's durability? Would it make more sense to buy a TF10vi cable for about $20 and replace it whenever it breaks rather then shelling out $100 for one cable?

May 27, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #102 of 149
Cable seems very durable. The connectors are attached well. The headphone jack is ripped from a Sennheiser cable. And my old cable that I cut down from a TF10 would sometimes slip out of the IEM (especially in my pocket, etc). I was always scared of dropping one IEM when taking them out of my pocket because the connector had slipped out of the IEM. These insert snugly and I can't imaging them falling out.
Sound is also a little better than the stock JH audio cable (better bottom end).
Time will tell how long the iPhone control lasts. My last custom cable like this (see earlier in the thread) used a Skullcandy iPhone control that eventually stopped being "clicky". It still worked, but the action was mushy. It would pause (1 press) instead of skip (2 presses) often.

Jun 21, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #105 of 149
[2 weeks, 1 day later]
Here they are...  
  1. The cables themselves are particularly thin - and essentially the splicing happens in the headphone jack, so from the "Y" connector down, its two cables shrinkwrapped together.
  2. Shrinkwrap is very pliable - so this does not make the cables mush stiffer. The result is a slightly stiffer cable than an original JH Audio cable.
  3. Sennheiser jack. Not too much strain relief there, thought here is an extra layer of shrinkwrap.
  4. There is some sort of bead after the split int he cable - Im presuming its ferrite or some such thing - maybe someone can shed light.
  5. iPhone control is fine - ist white and the main "center" button has a click to it. The Volume up and down do not, but are perfectly functional.
  6. The actual IEM connections feel very solid. Looks like theyre from plusSound: http://www.plussoundaudio.com/diy/connectors.html I love the fact that theyre rubbarized in their form and not memory wire - that may just be me.

Some detailed pictures, with side-by-side with JHAudio cabled...thoughts later as I have done some listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back