iPhone Cable for Westone ES5
Nov 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bikeracer661

New Head-Fier
New to Headfi here, so let me begin by saying this is a great resource.  Although this is my first post, I've read thousands of posts before recently making the decision to order a pair of Westone ES5s - thanks to Miranda at Rockstar Ears (Los Angeles).  

Here's my question - will the JH iPhone mic and switch cable work on my soon to be delivered Westones?  Is there a better option if I want to use them while running, yet still have the ability to answer calls?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

PS - I listened to JH 11, JH 16 and the Westone's in a blind comparison, and ultimately the Westones won out.  I was surprised as I originally had my heart set on a set of JHs.  

Nov 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #2 of 3
Yes, JH uses the Westone connector so the cables are interchangeable. There are very few options for iPhone-compatible cables for Westone-style IEMs so the JH is probably your best bet. The only other option I know of is Ultimate Ears - they actually use a different connector but they make a 3-button remote that you can mod to work with your ES5. You just need to cut off the sleeve of the UE connector. Polarity will also be reversed, but practically I don't think that's a big issue.

Nov 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply.  I read the prior, rather lengthy thread on this subject, and the conclusions were the same.  Use the JH (assuming the connector is the same) or modify the UE.  I'm not too hot when it comes to hacking, so it sounds like the JH one is the best bet.  I just wish it wasn't so ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back