iPhone 7 severe issue with MFi DACs
Nov 3, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #31 of 44
Thanks - the lighntning to USB 3 adaptor works for my Sony PHA-1A on my iPhone 7 Plus. The Onkyo HF Player app works fine up to 192kHz. At least I have a workaround until Apple fixes the underlying issue.

Dec 19, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #32 of 44
I'm using IPhone 7 plus 256GB iOS 10.2 with an E5 through USB and the intermittent audio cut out issue that was mentioned in this thread still persists. It's the stock music app and it actually stops playing the file rather than just the audio cutting out.
Just to put a finer point on my comment, it doesn't happen when I use Bluetooth, I've only been listening to MP3 320, I have the Enable High Resolution switched on in the Sound Blaster app and no DSP switched on.
I have been reading up and I'm off to try a couple things including foobar2000. I guess I should settle on what music player app I will use before I start changing all of the files from MP3 to lossless.
Bloody thousand dollar headphone rig for on the bus and it's buggy of course.

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #34 of 44
Apr 18, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #36 of 44
I happen to have the Creative Sound Blaster E5 amp and I tried to set it up by using the Lightning cable to go to the USB host port. Still has static. :frowning2:

So I tried my bit of jury riggin'. I have to basically quickly double tap the power button to not charge from the iPhone. 

iPhone 7 -> Camera Adapter V2 -> USB cable -> E5

Before the 10.3 update it'd work fine; now when it locks, audio cuts out too. Dang it. I guess we're gonna get the upsell on iPhone 7S or 8 or whatever is up next. 

Jul 4, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #39 of 44
I contacted Creative support regarding my E5 and this issue. They suggested a factory reset of the E5. I was doubtful but gave it a go and while I may get the odd glitch in the first minute, it is generally glitch free.

Thank you for contacting Creative Labs.

Please try to perform a hardware reset on the Sound Blaster E5.

To reset:

Hold both the Volume Control knob and Power/Bluetooth button simultaneously while connecting the Sound Blaster E5 onto the USB port on your PC. Wait until the Power indicator displays running LEDs. Release the buttons once the running LEDs stop.

If you require further assistance, please reply to this email and we will get back to you.

Sep 23, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #42 of 44
The problem was already fixed with 10.3.3.

Can you compare both phones about the sound quality, please? Which sounds "better" with headphones?

Thank you
Nope, problem was not fixed for me in 10.3.3 slightly better but to have one pop sound twice per minute annoying.
Changed iPhone 7 to one manufacturered in July same thing.

Now with 8 gone!

Don’t hear any difference in sound but have not played enough yet.

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #43 of 44
Nope, problem was not fixed for me in 10.3.3 slightly better but to have one pop sound twice per minute annoying.
Changed iPhone 7 to one manufacturered in July same thing.

Now with 8 gone!

Don’t hear any difference in sound but have not played enough yet.

You're right: 10.3.3 has the problem.

Can you tell me, please, if you can hear any difference according to the sound with headphones?

Thanks

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #44 of 44
The great thing for me right now is that I finally can use my KSE1500 headphones direct with my iPhone!

Love my Centrance HiFi-M8 but when traveling great to just carry one unit. Sound quality is better but again, maybe because I don’t Herat the stat I pop sounds and I tell myself that it is. Most likely,the same sound quality as 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back