iPhone 4S
Oct 15, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #76 of 187
I have the iPhone 4s since yesterday. I hear lossless music with JH13 earphones since a few hours and am pleasantly surprised by the sound quality of the new 4s. I can compare to the 3Gs, never heard the 4. My impression is that iPhone 4s sounds more natural and a bit smoother compared to 3Gs. The overall sound signature reminds me more of the Wolfson chips from older iPods, but - of course - without bass loss and without noticeable distortions. Very enjoyable.

Oct 15, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #77 of 187

Quote:

If you really hate your droid and you use your phone everyday it's probably best to replace it sooner rather than later, maybe try iOS or BlackBerry.

Chipworks and iFixit are suggesting that the audio chip in the iPhone 4S is an Apple branded 338S0987 B0FL1129 SGP Cirrus Logic audio codec chip.

Yes thats what I think I will do but some big Windows phones are being made now by Nokia and Samsung for early next year and they are supposed to be very powerful. Also the Apple Iphone 5 is should be very good as a lot of pressure will be on Apple to create a phone in June of next year that will be able to compete with some of the quad-core Androids that will be coming out around that time.

Oct 15, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #81 of 187
Oct 15, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #82 of 187
I guess it might be time to upgrade from 3GS
cool.gif

Oct 15, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #83 of 187
Just received my iPhone 4s and couldn't be happier.  This thing is AMAZING.  

My wife upgraded from the 3gs, I upgraded from the 4.  There's a good bit of difference between the 4 and the 4s. I'm not going to waste time going over all the features, since you can pretty much get that from anywhere, but what I will say is that I was really surprised by how good the SPEAKER sounds!  I actually sorta turned it on by accident, just screwing around with SIRI, asking it to play a certain song.  It did, and it started coming out the speakers, and I was like, oh, that's neat.  But then I started to listen, and I was like, damn, that's a seriously high level of detail retrieval and nuance for a - what, 3mm speaker?!  I sat it on the shelf and turned it up to 80% and was really, really surprised that it was listenable. I mean, no one's going to mistake it for the JH-13, but for the electronica tune I had on, it was actually perfectly acceptable.  

Haven't tested the dac yet, so will post impressions vs the iPhone 4 here when I have.  I imagine they'll be identical, or nearly so.  But Siri is awesome.  

Oct 16, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #84 of 187
I have to admit that I'm tempted to upgrade to get Siri. She sounds like fun and useful.

But I think I'll stick it out for the iPhone 5 next year. The 4 is still my favorite iPhone and has been hugely useful.

I might slide a 4S to my father. He's always been the absent-minded sort and Siri seems made for people like him.

Oct 16, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #85 of 187
I'm also very tempted, but I think I'll be waiting for the iPhone 5 as a more suitable upgrade over my 4.

Cheers to all of you who's got the 4S.

Oct 16, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #88 of 187
I've merged both threads for this FYI.

I put in an order for one yesterday. Why I didn't do it earlier I don't know. I have an iPhone 4 already but I shoot a lot of pics and video of my daughter already, so the upgrade will be worth it for me.

Oct 16, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #89 of 187
Oct 16, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #90 of 187

Quote:
I have the iPhone 4s since yesterday. I hear lossless music with JH13 earphones since a few hours and am pleasantly surprised by the sound quality of the new 4s. I can compare to the 3Gs, never heard the 4. My impression is that iPhone 4s sounds more natural and a bit smoother compared to 3Gs. The overall sound signature reminds me more of the Wolfson chips from older iPods, but - of course - without bass loss and without noticeable distortions. Very enjoyable.

That's great news ! so far so good, looking forward to reading more opinions of the sound quality... probably put an order in next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back