iPhone 4s > Fiio E17 Alpen (DAC only) > iBasso P4 Warbler Amp ?
Nov 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Angular Mo

100+ Head-Fier
I want to bypass both the iPhone's amp and the E17's amp.

Goal:
From iPhone (bypass amp) > go to the Fiio E17 Alpen as DAC only (bypass amp) > iBasso P4 Warbler amp > headphones.

I thought that using the Fiio L7 attachment to the E17 would help; but I realize that it wants a mini-USB input.
I have not found an iPhone LOD to mini-USB cable which I would attach to the L7, then use its Line-out.
as input to my portable amp.

How do I connect;
iPhone
E17 (DAC only)
portable amp ?

How do people use the L7 attached to the E17 ?

Nov 17, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 4
You cant use the E17 as a DAC with an Apple device. It's not possible. You can use the line out which is very acceptable, then go through the E17 as just an amp. I don't notice any between using my E17 as a DAC with my laptop or using the E17 with my iPhone 4 as just an amp. Both sound equally great.

Nov 17, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #3 of 4
Mr jasonb,
Thank you for the reply.

I purchased an L7 attachment for my E17 Alpen.

OT: Regarding using the E17 with a laptop....I purchased an L7 attachment for the E17, and forgot what use it would be.
 I don't know what good it is for since the E17 already has both a mini-USB input and line-out.

Nov 17, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #4 of 4
The L7 gives the E17 a true line out, that is all. Without it, the E17 has a headphones jack, not a line out. The L7 would be handy is you wanted to play music from your computer, but wanted to use the E17 as a DAC only to feed to a home theater or 2.1 home system or something like that. 
Quote:
Mr jasonb,
Thank you for the reply.

I purchased an L7 attachment for my E17 Alpen.

OT: Regarding using the E17 with a laptop....I purchased an L7 attachment for the E17, and forgot what use it would be.
 I don't know what good it is for since the E17 already has both a mini-USB input and line-out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back