iPhone 4G Leaked
Apr 19, 2010 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Pepsi

500+ Head-Fier
iPhone 4G

Apparently this is legit. I really hope it's not because cosmetically i am very disappointed. It just looks like they flattened the 3g and called it a day. Looking forward to the specs though.
popcorn.gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 41
^^there is no way that it is not legit. I do have a hard time believing that someone just "lost" it and it ended up at gizmodo. I think this might be apple giving the internets a head start on the hype machine.

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #5 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^there is no way that it is not legit. I do have a hard time believing that someone just "lost" it and it ended up at gizmodo. I think this might be apple giving the internets a head start on the hype machine.

agree

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #6 of 41
I really like the new design. Slimmer with less curved edges.
The iPhone 4G name imply that it will get 4G (LTE) mobile network as well, which have a theoretical downlink capacity of 100 Mbit/s. /me like that.

Can not wait!
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #8 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like the new design. Slimmer with less curved edges.
The iPhone 4G name imply that it will get 4G (LTE) mobile network as well, which have a theoretical downlink capacity of 100 Mbit/s. /me like that.

Can not wait!
biggrin.gif

It def. Won't have 4G network capacity. AT&T's network can't handle the 3g demand from the iphone, and they have no plans to start 4G soon. In addition, apple has made it clear that they are more interested in US sales than anything else. I find it hard to believe that they would take the time, energy and space to put in a capability that can't be used by the main target audience.

This could be a sign that the iphone is going to verizon or the like, but I think that sprint is the only network with legit 4G capability in the near future.

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #9 of 41
If the 4G is as fast or hopefully faster than the iPad, i might just consider buying it.

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #10 of 41
4G = 4th generation, all ipods are numbered by generation, I have a 2G ipod touch, the 3G ipod touch came out a couple months ago, time for the 4G now ...

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #11 of 41
If you ask me that doesn't look like an Apple product. It isn't sleek enough, the "square" design of it will make it feel bulkier, it just wont feel right. It actually looks like a chinese copy of itself, in fact, i've seen better copies.

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #12 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevDo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you ask me that doesn't look like an Apple product. It isn't sleek enough, the "square" design of it will make it feel bulkier, it just wont feel right. It actually looks like a chinese copy of itself, in fact, i've seen better copies.

ipod nano first generation had similar square design.

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #13 of 41
^truth. So does the ipad. and so do the new macbooks. They have some curves, but Gizmodo's claim that the thing is so packed with electronics that there is no room for curves in the iphone makes sense.

Apr 19, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually like that design a lot.

+1 I think this is a nice looking phone (if its in fact real)... It looks more like the iPad or MacBook shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back