iPhone 3G vs iPod touch 3G (sq only)
Oct 4, 2009 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Sebastianbf

100+ Head-Fier
Hello guys
Need a little help in here. I'm triying to decide which one to get: iPhone 3G (not the 3Gs) or the latest 32GB iPod touch. What would you guys recommend regarding SQ only, not features like GPS or somehing else.
Currently I own a 30GB Zune and I have to say that I love the sq it has for a portable player. I've tried and compare the iPod touch 2g with the zune and I must say I liked the zune sq better. Does the new iPod touch have better sq than the 2gen? I'm going to use the new player with my shure e4 IEMs (maybe some 530's in the future).
So... what do you guys recommend?

Oct 4, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 9
May I ask why you need the iPhone or the iPod Touch if you like the Zune's SQ better? If you're going for the 32GB Touch, it doesn't seem like you need a much bigger capacity player. Maybe you should also consider the Zune HD. Just a thought.

Oct 4, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #3 of 9
I'm also thinking of getting the iTouch 3g... Mainly because all my songs and video's are purchased from itunes excluding the ones I have on disk which I will have to re-rip if I go with the zune.

Oct 5, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #5 of 9
I need the iphone or ipod touch because I want the apps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraHotel01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I remember reading, during the run-up to their release, that the 32GB Touch uses the same chipset as the 3GS iPhone.

So... what does that mean?

Oct 5, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bba1973 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They should sound the same or very similar.

I know, but I was asking what does that means in terms of the ipod touch 3g / iphone 3g sq comparison.

Oct 5, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #8 of 9
they don't necessarily have to be that similar. the iphone 3g used similar chips to other players and simply smashed them for certain specifics while still suffering bass roll off. same chips means the signal is similar, but the output (assuming there is a separate output section) may be different and have the last say.

Oct 5, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastianbf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know, but I was asking what does that means in terms of the ipod touch 3g / iphone 3g sq comparison.

That they should sound the same or very similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back